My testing center will not provide earmuffs - just plugs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gurby

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My testing center called me today, and I asked them about this. The guy said they did not provide earmuffs, just ear plugs. I have pretty much done all of my studying with earmuffs on because I find them to work much better, and be more comfortable. At this point I've started to associate the feeling of earmuffs on my head with "time to focus!", and I think it would be disruptive to take the test without them.

I asked if I could bring my own earmuffs, still in original packaging, and they said maybe.

Is this standard? The Official Guide says the test center will provide "industrial ear covers". Obviously I wouldn't have studied this way otherwise... I'll be pretty pissed if they don't let me use my earmuffs tomorrow. I'm not super optimistic.

Members don't see this ad.

My testing center called me today, and I asked them about this. The guy said they did not provide earmuffs, just ear plugs. I have pretty much done all of my studying with earmuffs on because I find them to work much better, and be more comfortable. At this point I've started to associate the feeling of earmuffs on my head with "time to focus!", and I think it would be disruptive to take the test without them.

I asked if I could bring my own earmuffs, still in original packaging, and they said maybe.

Is this standard? The Official Guide says the test center will provide "industrial ear covers". Obviously I wouldn't have studied this way otherwise... I'll be pretty pissed if they don't let me use my earmuffs tomorrow. I'm not super optimistic.
That's really weird. My testing center definitely has ear muffs. That's ****ty that they wouldn't tell you earlier, I would say email AAMC but I doubt there's much that that will accomplish at this point.

Mine had only the ear plugs and they didn't fit your ear at all so it really didn't block out sound. The good thing was there was little sound in the room other than people entering and leaving. It depends on the testing center I guess.

Ear plugs might be better because while I believe my testing center was probably one of the better ones, they offered two kinds of ear muffs, both sucked at isolating noise and were terrible fits. I also have a weirdly shaped head so that might also be why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna be hard to focus while a patient is coding and everyone around you is yelling too.

Get used to it, Hoss :welcome:

Reactions: 1 user