My Yahee!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a TMI post. Consider yourself warned!
AndyMilonakis said:
Were any of you curious about the song? I was. :oops: :D
I mean, it was such a cool song! And what was the guy singing anyway?? Certainly not English.

I Googled "my yahee". No lyrics.

But several results thought it sounded Europop.

Tried "mai yahee". Nothing.
"mai ya ha ha"? Nothing.

I listened again.

I thought I heard the word Salut.

A couple of permutations later I entered "lyrics mai salut".

The song is "Dragostea Din Tei ", by O-Zone.

Alo, Salut, sunt eu, un haiduc,
Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt eu Picasso,
Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

(translated here)

AndyMilonakis said:
whaddaya want? a cookie or something?
The power of a laser pointer can only be overruled by - a cookie!

Members don't see this ad.

Very interesting thread indeed...the things in life the inspire you and pique your curiosity. Hmm. I never thought of translating it. I just enjoyed the video. My labmates and I were just wondering what language it was. The conversation went like this. To preserve their identities, I shall make up names for them too:

Andy: "Dude, this is some wacky ****. You gotta check this out."
4-eyes: "WTF is this? Who the hell sings this song?"
Brit: "Oh my god. Another fat guy with a webcam."
4-eyes: "You can tell he practiced this."
Andy: "Is this **** german or something?"
Brit: "What? He wants to be the next Andy Milonakis or something?"
4-eyes: "Ha! The timing is perfect! Wait. It was perfect, he's about a half a second off now."
Brit: "What an idiot!"
Andy: "You think it's german?"
4-eyes: "It doesn't sound german. It's definitely european."
Brit: "Look at the big brains on 4-eyes."
Andy: "It doesn't sound Russian either. What other european countries are out there again?"
Brit: "Well there is FRANCE for example."
4-eyes: "This ain't f*ckin' french."

anyways...thanks for the translation. apparently it's romanian.

BTW, I so need to get a laser pointer :laugh: . I wanna see some backflips and bouncing off walls and...

Members don't see this ad :)
"O Ca-na-DAAA.....!"

The laser pointer alone is never going to work. The individual in question has an attention span shorter that of a cat.

AndyMilonakis said:
The laser pointer will work.

Anyways...I wonder if this My Yahee kid is the same kid as the Starwars kid?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/starwarskidv.html

Yo cytoborg, you could learn some double-edged light saber skillz from this kid :laugh:

Star Wars kid continues to make me laugh. Did you know that kid had a mental breakdown b/c of the fallout from this video? Apparently he spent some time at a mental hospital too. His parents are suing his "friends" that put it on the internet...Andy, think there is a spot for star wars kid in your comic?

joedogma said:
Star Wars kid continues to make me laugh. Did you know that kid had a mental breakdown b/c of the fallout from this video? Apparently he spent some time at a mental hospital too. His parents are suing his "friends" that put it on the internet...Andy, think there is a spot for star wars kid in your comic?
Yeah I do know the story of the Star Wars kid. Apparently the mom sued the two kids that put that video up on Kazaa. It's partly the kid's fault. When he made the video using the school's camera, he forgot to take out the tape before giving the camera back.

I'll see what I can do regarding the Star Wars kid and his incorporation into my comics. It's a fantastic idea!

bananaface said:
Because all fat white males look alike? :laugh:
I was just wondering cuz since Star Wars Kid hit the internet, we no longer heard from him. We have been left wondering what he was up to and how he was doing. Well, clearly Star Wars kid moved to Europe and apparently bought himself a webcam.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
I'll see what I can do regarding the Star Wars kid and his incorporation into my comics. It's a fantastic idea!
Great idea! It would be not only a tribute to him...but it would be instructional for me, too.

:laugh: I was finally able to get on my fast connection and watch the video... :laugh: :thumbup: Thanks for the laugh!

totally, an mp3 file played on continuous loop would rock!

ok, i need to find some more stupid videos.

cytoborg said:
Your link crashed my computer! Methinks I need a better computer...
well, you missed that Dell deal. gots my laptop delivered to my lab a few moments ago. i have a new toy. yay! f*ck that ROL.

yeah, it's like a complete workout in less than 2 minutes. and if you play it on continuous loop like i do (at least 15 times), that's like half an hour!

I'm gonna lose weight!

bananaface said:
It would have been better viewed from the front of the room.
Agreed. I wanted to see them mouthing the words.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah, it's like a complete workout in less than 2 minutes. and if you play it on continuous loop like i do (at least 15 times), that's like half an hour!

I'm gonna lose weight!
I demand video!