Naplex- help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wakyyaky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, thank you to everyone who has posted so much helpful advice on preparing for this exam!! It really makes a world of difference to hear first hand accounts about it.

My question is: I have been studying the rx prep book (got about 1/3 of te way through Kaplan before I got my hands on this book) and the SDN 120 calculations. Although rxprep has been way better written than Kaplan in my opinion, I've read so many posts saying that the rxprep quiz bank is essential- my problem is I don't have access to it! I plan to do 2 Kaplan practice tests, end of chapter questions in aPha, and a practice online test I found. Do you guys think that's enough practice questions to supplement not having the rxprep quiz bank?!? I've looked into that Lange q&a book, but the reviews I read on it said it had a ton of errors and was a waste of time and money because ppl constantly had to double check their answers from different sources... Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate any advice I can get! Test is April 9th!!

Members don't see this ad.

The QuizBank helps you memorize, it doesn't have anything new that's not already in your books. If you don't have trouble remember what you read, then you don't need quizbank.

First off, thank you to everyone who has posted so much helpful advice on preparing for this exam!! It really makes a world of difference to hear first hand accounts about it.

My question is: I have been studying the rx prep book (got about 1/3 of te way through Kaplan before I got my hands on this book) and the SDN 120 calculations. Although rxprep has been way better written than Kaplan in my opinion, I've read so many posts saying that the rxprep quiz bank is essential- my problem is I don't have access to it! I plan to do 2 Kaplan practice tests, end of chapter questions in aPha, and a practice online test I found. Do you guys think that's enough practice questions to supplement not having the rxprep quiz bank?!? I've looked into that Lange q&a book, but the reviews I read on it said it had a ton of errors and was a waste of time and money because ppl constantly had to double check their answers from different sources... Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate any advice I can get! Test is April 9th!!

Not all people who passed used that quiz bank. My advise you could go with pre-naplex.

Thanks for your opinions and advice! I feel better about it, but hopefully I'll really feel good in a couple weeks from now when I pass! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You only need 75 questions to pass. I know it's easier to say it after you've passed the exam. I went on vacation the week before I took my exam. Didn't even finish half of the rxprep, didn't know there was a 120-calc questions floating around, didn't take pre-naplex test and I still managed to pass. I honestly thought I failed. Just focus on one study book and review calculations and you will be fine.

I'm taking the exam in April. Still Panic.I just wanted to find whether they ask questions in brands for cancer drugs, tnf's, bilogicals........etc.Its hard to memorize only biologicals in such chapters.Please Help with this

I thought NAPLEX is an "adaptive" exam, your next question is chosen by computer based on how you did in previous questions.

I don't think 75 is the magic number, I wouldn't make sense for an adaptive exam.

You only need 75 questions to pass. I know it's easier to say it after you've passed the exam. I went on vacation the week before I took my exam. Didn't even finish half of the rxprep, didn't know there was a 120-calc questions floating around, didn't take pre-naplex test and I still managed to pass. I honestly thought I failed. Just focus on one study book and review calculations and you will be fine.

I haven't taken the exam yet. But I try to remember the drugs in bold letters in Rxprep book.

I'm taking the exam in April. Still Panic.I just wanted to find whether they ask questions in brands for cancer drugs, tnf's, bilogicals........etc.Its hard to memorize only biologicals in such chapters.Please Help with this

Thanks, that's what friends have told me too. It just seems like the scoring is such a mystery and really complicated. Not to mention its been quite some time since I've taken any type of exam, and I think it's safe to say I've never taken a computer based "adaptive" exam. Hopefully I have the success you had with the exam! :). Were you one of those straight A students in school?? Lol it seems like you'd have to be to pass with the limited studying time you had!

Congrat, wakyyaky!! Podruzhka, can you please send me the sample questions from QuizBank, too. Planning to take my NAPLEX in June.