NAPLEX/MJPE Registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temple2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's the end of March and my graduation date is set for mid-May. I'd like to take both tests as soon as possible which is usually June/July.

Do I need to register for NAPLEX asap to do this, or sign up right before graduation? I know I can't schedule it without an ATT, but just curious as when it would be best to "register" and pay the fees. Its about $800 total and would like to wait a bit before spending all that money.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, thanks. I understand now, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a true deadline or something I wasn't aware of.

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple, it depends on the state where you intend to get licensed. If the state participates in electronic score reports (I think most do at this point), you should sign up for both exams asap. The ATT# is generated based on approval from the state board of pharmacy. This will only happen if they have your application on file. Usually, a state requires you to submit a completed application before they will generate an ATT #. A completed application means you will have to show proof that you've graduated before they will grant you permission to take the exam.

In my case, I submitted the application short of proof of graduation. It took some time to be processed by the state board because so many people graduate and mail their applications in at the same time. At that point I already had my NABP account created, with the NAPLEX already paid for. NABP sends an electronic request for an ATT# daily to the state board on your behalf. Once the state approves NABP's request, NABP generates an ATT# for you through Pearson Vue. Basically, my best advice is to sign up and pay, then sit and wait for your number. Do it the other way around and you'll realize how slow the state boards can be around this time of year. Plus, you'll make the $800+ back in your first week working as a pharmacist.

Good luck in your career!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the reply. Yeh, gonna register in the next week or so. My school also prides themself on saying they overnight graduation verification on our official graduation day. Now just need to really start prepping for both tests.