Naplex on 8/28 Advised

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InternDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the Naplex on Tuesday 28 and just found out I PASSED http://dkmg2azsloi0e.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

About the exam.....RxPrep is DEFINITELY ENOUGH..
I was surprised the naplex did not ask big topic like DM, HTN, HF as much as I thought. Prob got around 10 questions out of those big topic but it was VERY easy.
Topics covered on exam were ADHD, Migraine, DI, Infectious (big time), Depression, Coag, Vaccines, Alz, Parkinson, Thyroid, Insomnia, GERD, alcoholic cirrhosis, decubitus ulcer stage II (WTF !!) . There were quite a few diagnosed question (8). Patient present with such and such S/S....and asked for diagnosed, and also, asked which of the following is NOT a symptom of such and such. Biostats was asked in a journal club style. Know the definition in the Rxprep will NOT be enough to answer. You have to understand because it will present in table/graph form and you have to draw a conclusion from it. And lastly COUNSELING, COUNSELING...oh have I mention COUNSELING yet ?

Surprised topic were G-tube, and lot of G-tube. I must said that is one topic that the Rxprep lack in term of information.

Calculations: from easy to WTF. I skipped on a couple of those q.

Prep materials:
Rxprep + Rxprep qbank
120 q calculation on here: HELL no !!! I started up to question 40 and like..this is TOO MUCH for the Naplex...so I did not finish it
topic cover: Crcl, BMI, isotonicity, mEQ, TPN, concentration, dilution, compounding

Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hey congrats!! Waoo Thanks for ur advice quick question what abt cancer?? And in ID simple one like bug n drug or in depth??

Took the Naplex on Tuesday 28 and just found out I PASSED http://dkmg2azsloi0e.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

About the exam.....RxPrep is DEFINITELY ENOUGH..
I was surprised the naplex did not ask big topic like DM, HTN, HF as much as I thought. Prob got around 10 questions out of those big topic but it was VERY easy.
Topics covered on exam were ADHD, Migraine, DI, Infectious (big time), Depression, Coag, Vaccines, Alz, Parkinson, Thyroid, Insomnia, GERD, alcoholic cirrhosis, decubitus ulcer stage II (WTF !!) . There were quite a few diagnosed question (8). Patient present with such and such S/S....and asked for diagnosed, and also, asked which of the following is NOT a symptom of such and such. Biostats was asked in a journal club style. Know the definition in the Rxprep will NOT be enough to answer. You have to understand because it will present in table/graph form and you have to draw a conclusion from it. And lastly COUNSELING, COUNSELING...oh have I mention COUNSELING yet ?

Surprised topic were G-tube, and lot of G-tube. I must said that is one topic that the Rxprep lack in term of information.

Calculations: from easy to WTF. I skipped on a couple of those q.

Prep materials:
Rxprep + Rxprep qbank
120 q calculation on here: HELL no !!! I started up to question 40 and like..this is TOO MUCH for the Naplex...so I did not finish it
topic cover: Crcl, BMI, isotonicity, mEQ, TPN, concentration, dilution, compounding

Good luck everyone
Congratulationsssssssssssss !!! I think you should change your member name to R.pharmacist :D

May I know how do the Rxprep questions compare to the real Naplex? Are they easier, more difficult or just the same level??

Also did you get a lot on HIV and Oncology,,,

Thanks a lot and congrats on your success... Wish you the best as a future pharmacist :)