NAPLEX post-graduation timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avecwhaaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have reached out to the PA BOP and they have unfortunately been either slow or insufficiently answered the question (pre-quarantine too). I graduated in 2018 and was not sure of what I would be doing, so I applied and received my ATT. However, a pharma position opened and other things came up where I (stupidly) allowed my ATT to expire. So now I am reapplying for my ATT as I am not sure if I will continue with pharma and I would like to practice. Also, my pharmacy intern license will be expiring in June. I also reached out to my school and they gave me poor feedback (just forwarded me an old FAQs doc that did not address any of my concerns)

Would anyone please provide any guidance on the following?
  • how long am I eligible to apply for the ATT/take the NAPLEX? I am nearing the 2nd year mark and wonder if perhaps one has to do this process within 3 or 5 years from graduating for example.
  • My main state of license will be PA, but I am working in NJ and have to fingerprint (I assume?) and provide other related background information. NJ procedure is archaic - could anyone shed some light on the fingerprinting process most notably? A PM would be appreciated too!
  • since my intern license is expiring in a few months, will this be problematic? I can still apply and take the NAPLEX without the intern license right?
Apologies for the lengthy post and if any of the questions 'do not make the most sense.' Any feedback and guide would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

I have reached out to the PA BOP and they have unfortunately been either slow or insufficiently answered the question (pre-quarantine too). I graduated in 2018 and was not sure of what I would be doing, so I applied and received my ATT. However, a pharma position opened and other things came up where I (stupidly) allowed my ATT to expire. So now I am reapplying for my ATT as I am not sure if I will continue with pharma and I would like to practice. Also, my pharmacy intern license will be expiring in June. I also reached out to my school and they gave me poor feedback (just forwarded me an old FAQs doc that did not address any of my concerns)

Would anyone please provide any guidance on the following?
  • how long am I eligible to apply for the ATT/take the NAPLEX? I am nearing the 2nd year mark and wonder if perhaps one has to do this process within 3 or 5 years from graduating for example.
  • My main state of license will be PA, but I am working in NJ and have to fingerprint (I assume?) and provide other related background information. NJ procedure is archaic - could anyone shed some light on the fingerprinting process most notably? A PM would be appreciated too!
  • since my intern license is expiring in a few months, will this be problematic? I can still apply and take the NAPLEX without the intern license right?
Apologies for the lengthy post and if any of the questions 'do not make the most sense.' Any feedback and guide would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all!
I’m in a similar situation. Were you able to reapply for another ATT and if so, for which state?