NAPLEX score transfer to California??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manjungs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seems to get licensed in California (if this is not your primary state), there seems to be 2 options. Transfer your NAPLEX score before taking NAPLEX, or transfer your license if you've been licensed elsewhere.

My question is, yes I do plan on applying to California AFTER i get licensed in another state but does this mean I have to do BOTH of the above?

Also if I transfer my NAPLEX score now but don't send in the full application form until about a year later, is my score still going to be valid at California BOP??

Please help, I'd appreciate if someone gave me any feedback. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can not transfer your license from another state. This is what I found on the CA BOP website:

Q1: I passed the NAPLEX already and I am licensed in another state, how can
I reciprocate my license?

A: California law does not allow for reciprocity. You are required, at least, to
take and pass both the NAPLEX and CPJE on or after January 1, 2004.

You will have to transfer your NAPLEX score to them and take the CPJE if you're going to be licensed somewhere else first. I emailed them and was told that if I go ahead and transfer my NAPLEX score, it will stay on file with that and will not expire so it will be ready to use when I put in my application. You'll only need to take the CPJE. You can go to the NABP to score transfer.

Reactions: 1 users
THank you so much! It helped! Did they say anything about how long the score will be valid for?

I was told the score won't expire.

Hello,

I contacted the CA board of pharmacy via phone and was told the score did not expire. However I wanted to email them to receive written confirmation and via email the representative said that the naplex score transfer isn't guaranteed to transfer over to CA past 1 year. Did you apply past 1 year of the score transfer.