NAPLEX Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTHSCRX15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took it 6/29....am I wasting time by checking NABP today? I've heard from some that they got scores in about 48 hours, but I finished after 5 pm...so maybe tomorrow is a safer bet?

Members don't see this ad.

How was your exam? I am sure you will pass. I am taking in July, will you please tell me what big topics you got the most. And how many calculations were there? Are RXPREP calculations enough or should I do SDN 120 too. Again I am wishing you to pass.

Took it 6/29....am I wasting time by checking NABP today? I've heard from some that they got scores in about 48 hours, but I finished after 5 pm...so maybe tomorrow is a safer bet?

Hey UTHSCRX15! Congrats on taking the NAPLEX! I can't speak for the NAPLEX timeline but I can tell you what both Pearson and NABP told me when I called them after taking the MPJE.

I took the MPJE on sat 06/20 at 2pm. Taking any of these exams on a non-business day is less than ideal as it adds a day or two to the wait. I was told by Pearson on 6/22 that they send your results to NABP the second you finish your exam. The representative I spoke to said the status they see is something like "Delivered to client"; i.e., NABP. And of course, I had to call NABP. There I was told by a representative that they do receive them right away. Once your registration status changes to closed, that means the results have been sent to your board of pharmacy. My state does not participate in online scores. You asked about the NAPLEX but this should give you an idea of the timeline.
Best of luck!

I took naplex on Jun 23rd. The questions were kind of random. I did get some on HTN, DM, thyroid disease, skin conditions, ID,hyperlipidemia. A few HIV and Chemo.
Calculations, most of them are filling blanks, which really made me nervous. So if you are not confident about your math, do the 120 questions since Rxprep questions are relatively easy. I think I probably got over 20 questions. Good luck.
How was your exam? I am sure you will pass. I am taking in July, will you please tell me what big topics you got the most. And how many calculations were there? Are RXPREP calculations enough or should I do SDN 120 too. Again I am wishing you to pass.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Took the Naplex and passed and since no one seemed to reply to my previous post, I want to provide some of my insight of the exam. I have maybe 15ish math questions which are much fewer than I expect or heard from other people. Most math questions are fill-into-blank type answers. I did 120 questions twice, and that is all I study for math which I think is a really good review. Make sure you know the differences between mMol, mEq, and mOsmol. Know equation for BSA and BMI just in case.

As for therapeutic questions, I have lot of clinical questions ranging from bizarre to weird topics, but the bulk of the questions are some of the main disease states such as HTN, HLD, lot of infection disease questions, a few HIV and Oncology questions, OTC products, and HF. I have one question on fibromyalgia. Also don't forget to look at Stat and Drug Reference Sources. Important thing to know is the combination drugs for HIV and HTN. They will ask MOA of the combination products. Major SE and DDI are also important, especially those that are considered severe. Overall, the test was doable. Warning: you will think you will fail and misery till score is out, unless you know for sure all your answers are correct. I don't, since there are so many "select all that apply" type of questions on my test.

Resources I used:
Rxprep 2014 (it is an old edition...I know)
APhA 2015 (only read compounding chapter)
120 SDN Questions

My advice is to focus on a few selected resources and learn them well, instead of throwing the net wide, and missed little important details.

Passed my MA MPJE as well, but that is another topic.

People like you who give feedback, advise or reply are the beauty of this forum and are really appreciated ..than those who remain silent even after passing exams.

People like you who give feedback, advise or reply are the beauty of this forum and are really appreciated ..than those who remain silent even after passing exams.

Hi obsession,

that is very true. To be clear I have not taken the NAPLEX yet. I decided to take the MPJE first in order to avoid getting burned out. And guess what? I'm already burned out.

To seeker5!

Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Anyone taking cpje and what's a study buddy?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So, we are in the same boat , already taken MPJE passed but not NAPLEX yet. Can anybody advise me how important are to remember dosage of drugs and brand vs generic? I try to memorize but next time I feel I know nothing. RX prep calculations, quiz bank calculations, SDN calculations and Statistics I have done multiple times and are on my finger tips. I do not study at all Oncology, HIV and probably will not. Just HTN, DM, Immunization, OTC, Hyperlipemia , some infectious diseases and with some few small topics. Am I Ok with my selective studies excluding oncology , HIV etc

Thanks for the positive thoughts and advice, especially on the time frame. My scores showed up about 48 hours after I took the exam.

My thoughts on the exam:
-I didn't have nearly as much math as I expected. Only advice is make sure to read the question and know what units they are asking for the answer in.

-I had more questions on pediatrics than I expected. Mostly asthma-related.

-I had several really random compounding questions, for example, what is the purpose of this product? Very odd.

-I had several hiv/cancer/id, but not as many as I expected.

I used RXPrep and prontopass and I was more prepared than I thought I would be. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats UTHSCRX15!

Did you make it through the whole RxPrep book? And do you recommend focusing on anything specific for the exam that you might have overlooked? Also did you take the pre-naplex at all, and if so was your score similar? Thanks!

I made it through the about chapter 60 of RXPrep. If I was studying again, I would look at bio stats a little more closely. I definitely had 3-4 questions about calculating number needed to treat, etc.

I took pre-NAPLEX about a month ago, and did 15 points better on actual NAPLEX (which I hear is not uncommon).

So, we are in the same boat , already taken MPJE passed but not NAPLEX yet. Can anybody advise me how important are to remember dosage of drugs and brand vs generic? I try to memorize but next time I feel I know nothing. RX prep calculations, quiz bank calculations, SDN calculations and Statistics I have done multiple times and are on my finger tips. I do not study at all Oncology, HIV and probably will not. Just HTN, DM, Immunization, OTC, Hyperlipemia , some infectious diseases and with some few small topics. Am I Ok with my selective studies excluding oncology , HIV etc

Obsession,

did you end up taking the NAPLEX? I am actually waiting for a new ATT as I missed the 48 hour deadline to reschedule. I will probably take it by next week.

Best.

I mine rescheduled , did not feel comfortable . Does NABP give new ATT if 48 hour deadline is missed, and how much they charge.

I mine rescheduled , did not feel comfortable . Does NABP give new ATT if 48 hour deadline is missed, and how much they charge.

Yes, your NAPLEX registrations first goes from ATT generated to closed. Then you get a "resit" link which allows you to pay $140 to "resit*. Right after you do that, your status on NABP changes to Eligibility granted and then you're just waiting for your new ATT.
Did you miss the 48 hour window?

Took the Naplex and passed and since no one seemed to reply to my previous post, I want to provide some of my insight of the exam. I have maybe 15ish math questions which are much fewer than I expect or heard from other people. Most math questions are fill-into-blank type answers. I did 120 questions twice, and that is all I study for math which I think is a really good review. Make sure you know the differences between mMol, mEq, and mOsmol. Know equation for BSA and BMI just in case.

As for therapeutic questions, I have lot of clinical questions ranging from bizarre to weird topics, but the bulk of the questions are some of the main disease states such as HTN, HLD, lot of infection disease questions, a few HIV and Oncology questions, OTC products, and HF. I have one question on fibromyalgia. Also don't forget to look at Stat and Drug Reference Sources. Important thing to know is the combination drugs for HIV and HTN. They will ask MOA of the combination products. Major SE and DDI are also important, especially those that are considered severe. Overall, the test was doable. Warning: you will think you will fail and misery till score is out, unless you know for sure all your answers are correct. I don't, since there are so many "select all that apply" type of questions on my test.

Resources I used:
Rxprep 2014 (it is an old edition...I know)
APhA 2015 (only read compounding chapter)
120 SDN Questions

My advice is to focus on a few selected resources and learn them well, instead of throwing the net wide, and missed little important details.

Passed my MA MPJE as well, but that is another topic.
Hi seeker5,
Did u see null under score transfer when u knew u passed?

Hi guys. I just got a letter from NABP about holding my score bcz of a varience and that they want proof and explanation for that... can anyone who went through this same situation tell me what kinda documents I have to send them?

Hi guys. I just got a letter from NABP about holding my score bcz of a varience and that they want proof and explanation for that... can anyone who went through this same situation tell me what kinda documents I have to send them?

That happened to a few poster's last year. I would do a search and ask them. You could also call NABP. They will want to see how you studied, how much, resources used, etc.

Happened to my friend. You just need to provide them with the preparation materials you used (such as RxPrep...etc...whatever it was that you used...) & and tell them you study more & harder this time. Chances are you already passed . My friends passed with a good score (but she had to wait longer to find out). Good luck!