NAPLEX TOMORRROWWWW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newway2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My naples is tomorrow. I am pretty nervous. I've practiced math a million times, I have studied for close to 3 months…..I guess everyone is right you never "feel ready"….I've been reading these posts and everyone feels they "failed" after the test. I am getting prepared for this……………! I hope and pray I will pass.

Any final tips/thoughts/comments?

Thank you
God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Try to relax today. Do some math & review important concepts. But don't learn anything new. Good luck! You're gonna do great.

Thank you. Thats basically what Im doing...just reviwing everything. I am very confident in math. Practiced all this week!

During the test, don't spend all of your energy on those questions that you don't know. Make sure you get the ones that you do know correct! Make sure no careless mistakes! Don't worry, even if you feel like you failed afterwards, you probably passed. Good luck and just be your usual self. Don't let the nervousness cloud your head. You got this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the kind advice!!!! I am feeling down....just a hard random test. I an literally only pray. I am in a state that i find out online. Not sure when i will find out since i took this test on a friday.......! Hopefully tuesday? We shall see....JSK GOOD LUCK just make sure u stay calm :)

Thank you all for the kind advice!!!! I am feeling down....just a hard random test. I an literally only pray. I am in a state that i find out online. Not sure when i will find out since i took this test on a friday.......! Hopefully tuesday? We shall see....JSK GOOD LUCK just make sure u stay calm :)

A hard exam can be a good sign (that was exactly how I felt walking out of my exam) - so you'll be fine. I went through my study materials & found out bunches of wrong answers & felt worry....but ended up passed. Enjoy your weekend...You'll probably find out on Tues

Thank you !! I will try to..right now I am trying to study some HIV and Chemo last moment stuff !! I just finished 120 math questions....!! Any piece of advise in any topics, that you found hard ?

A hard exam can be a good sign (that was exactly how I felt walking out of my exam) - so you'll be fine. I went through my study materials & found out bunches of wrong answers & felt worry....but ended up passed. Enjoy your weekend...You'll probably find out on Tues
Thank you So much..yes I will try to do my best...generally I am the most anxious the day before exam, and cannot go to sleep even in regular exams!! However, I am planning to take rest after 5 pm, the day before of my exam, and will see what happens !! Thanks again.

Hello JSK, I dont have any topics that were "hard" because the test is RANDOM....you know how people write "I had 10 HTN questions, 6 HIV questions...etc" I couldnt even say that bc mine was a lot of topics just randomly scattered...:( I feel scared but at the same time Its over and submitted in Gods hands now.
There is nothing we can do. But try and relax because god has a plan. Just try your best and pray. I will pray for you too :)
Keep up your hard work. Just remember to watch the time dont spend 20 minutes on one hard math question....move forward...
I will update if I passed or not hopefully by wednesday God willing I will pass.

Thank you so much!! Yes, I will try to do that. Thanks for the prayer. Btw, I am sure you will pass. Waiting for the excited news !! :)

Thank you So much..yes I will try to do my best...generally I am the most anxious the day before exam, and cannot go to sleep even in regular exams!! However, I am planning to take rest after 5 pm, the day before of my exam, and will see what happens !! Thanks again.

If you are done studying, try to relax early on Mon (unless you're the type that like to study/review till very last minutes). The brain needs to rest before the real exam on Tues. For me, I tried reviewing and didn't give myself a break. As a result, the night before my exam, I couldn't sleep....probably since I was too nervous. Everything that I reviewed during that last day didn't really help me at all. The lack of sleep might have interfere with my judgments during the 1st 20-30 min of the exam, but I was fine after that (with the help of deep breathing of course...lol). So don't feel bad if that happens to you on Mon night :)

I agree with Newway that the exam is very RANDOM. My exam was all over the places too.....covered pretty much all the topics. I did have to put random number on a few math problem in order to move on. Be sure to watch the time. (For me, I make a self-note that by the time I get to question 90, I should have 130 min left...which didn't happen since I spent too long on each question at the beginning. But I readjusted & still have about 10 min left at the end).

Good luck & can't wait to hear the good news!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the kind advice!!!! I am feeling down....just a hard random test. I an literally only pray. I am in a state that i find out online. Not sure when i will find out since i took this test on a friday.......! Hopefully tuesday? We shall see....JSK GOOD LUCK just make sure u stay calm :)[Hey newway2015, your experience right now is like mine. I took NAPLEX just couple weeks ago and feel terrible after the exam too. Random questions, not a lot on math (mEq nor mOsm). Feel like i guessed more than 50%. But hey, i passed. So you will too. We tended to worry too much after the exam but it is normal. Also i believed the exam is curved...HUGELY hehe

Hello everyone. I just found out I PAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I got a 123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can' t actually believe it.
I prayed for you JSK because I know you are taking your test today. Hope all is going well for you. I have typed up some tips, even if it helps one person it will make me feel happy because I am inspired to help as this test has been a whirlwind of an experience….:)

1.) When you study…don't focus on the end result if you will pass or fail. Just breathe and keep moving forward. Baby steps help you get to the final product. If you get anxious to the point you can' t study it will not help. Therefore, if you need to get behavioral therapy or get a counselor to talk this out do so because I know there are some people out there like me who do not have a supportive family to call and obtain support. It is harder when you are alone.
My theory is just try studying to your max capacity. If that takes 2 weeks for you, then go for it. If that takes 4 months for you, no problem. Whenever you look back NO MATTER if you pass or fail……ask yourself "Did I try my very best?" If you hesitate to answer this question…Then it is not a good thing right?

2.) Rx Prep book is golden. Yes it is a lot of information……. although for this test…it is KEY. The problem here is there no certain chapters this test focuses on……..you need to study this book in it's entirety, wether that take you 1 month or 4 months…….whatever it is you need to know ALL concepts. Underlined concepts are very important and if you don't want to study the whole chapter at least try to know the underlined material. I did ALL the quizzes and averaged 75% on average on these. I did not feel that they were difficult…and I feel they prepare you for the NAPLEX well. Do not even think about skipping these quizzes because it helps you to know if you actually understand the material. If you aren't doing so well on these IT IS OK… the key here is to learn why you are getting these wrong and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Improve your mind and your knowledge. I also watched all the videos that Rx Prep had and I would jot down notes in each of the chapters…..if you see my book it has a lot of highlighting/notes/underlining. I studied this book for about 3 months with a passion. I also did some practice questions from high yield about 300 of them 1.5 weeks before the test and I originally thought these questions were "hard" as all my friends had told me…but as I actually did the questions (this is after I have studied completely….) I was getting 70-80% on these quizzes. :) Though, you would think this is a great confidence boost I was still feeling "unsure"….it's ok it is a normal feeling.

3.) Pre Naplex Score- I got a 85 the first time and a 90 the second time. The bad thing here is I thought I was taking the test about two weeks before these pre naplex scores…but life happened and I had a lot of personal issues that came about. EVEN though I did well on these….I wasn't sure if I could count these because I actually took the test 2 months AFTER I did these..which scared me. Therefore, a tip is …if you THINK you are going to reschedule the test..make sure to save one of these pre naplex exams at least….so you can take it like 3 days before or a week before…whatever you want to do…so it is available for you as a help before your naplex. The time I took these tests I had studied for about a month (8hours a day) and I did not feel good about the PREnaplex when I actually did it….I was not truly ready for the exam at this time….that's why!

4.) MATH- ok math is very important as everyone says. DO NOT feel even if you studied math really well that you will get every question on the test correctly…..some of the Math I got was very difficult…I can' t even explain what the heck it was!!!!! Also, for those of you who dwell on math….NOT A GOOD IDEA..please do not do this. If you are unsure after about 4 minutes….on the test MOVE ON. Do not dwell…you do not have to get a 100% of math correct on the test….do not get scared and try to get every single math question on the test correct. I did the Rx prep math and SDN 120 these two combinations were suffice. YOU MUST DO SDN 120………MUST MUST MUST…Rx prep by itself is too easy. Just know that you need to understand math with these two sources to the best of your ability………!!!!!!! Don't have much more to say about math.

5.) Lastly, if you have trouble with time on a test, try to TIME YOURSELF taking questions at home….. Do a "mock" test. Does not have to be 183 questions but time yourself for maybe 30 questions. That way, on the test you are more prepared. Also you have 300 minutes to take the test therefore after 150 minutes you should be on about question 90<< GREAT Time taking tip I followed…I had about 30 minutes left when I finished the exam.

Also, I took the test October 2, which was a friday….so I had to wait over the weekend to get my results. I just found out today October 6th at 1030 am…for those of you who are wondering how long it took to find out. (2 business days).
If ANYONE has any questions, or any consoling for this test, please feel free to message me. I am a believer of prayer and will pray for you guys!!!! God bless this website and the support I have received on here

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone. I just found out I PAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I got a 123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can' t actually believe it.
I prayed for you JSK because I know you are taking your test today. Hope all is going well for you. I have typed up some tips, even if it helps one person it will make me feel happy because I am inspired to help as this test has been a whirlwind of an experience….:)

1.) When you study…don't focus on the end result if you will pass or fail. Just breathe and keep moving forward. Baby steps help you get to the final product. If you get anxious to the point you can' t study it will not help. Therefore, if you need to get behavioral therapy or get a counselor to talk this out do so because I know there are some people out there like me who do not have a supportive family to call and obtain support. It is harder when you are alone.
My theory is just try studying to your max capacity. If that takes 2 weeks for you, then go for it. If that takes 4 months for you, no problem. Whenever you look back NO MATTER if you pass or fail……ask yourself "Did I try my very best?" If you hesitate to answer this question…Then it is not a good thing right?

2.) Rx Prep book is golden. Yes it is a lot of information……. although for this test…it is KEY. The problem here is there no certain chapters this test focuses on……..you need to study this book in it's entirety, wether that take you 1 month or 4 months…….whatever it is you need to know ALL concepts. Underlined concepts are very important and if you don't want to study the whole chapter at least try to know the underlined material. I did ALL the quizzes and averaged 75% on average on these. I did not feel that they were difficult…and I feel they prepare you for the NAPLEX well. Do not even think about skipping these quizzes because it helps you to know if you actually understand the material. If you aren't doing so well on these IT IS OK… the key here is to learn why you are getting these wrong and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Improve your mind and your knowledge. I also watched all the videos that Rx Prep had and I would jot down notes in each of the chapters…..if you see my book it has a lot of highlighting/notes/underlining. I studied this book for about 3 months with a passion. I also did some practice questions from high yield about 300 of them 1.5 weeks before the test and I originally thought these questions were "hard" as all my friends had told me…but as I actually did the questions (this is after I have studied completely….) I was getting 70-80% on these quizzes. :) Though, you would think this is a great confidence boost I was still feeling "unsure"….it's ok it is a normal feeling.

3.) Pre Naplex Score- I got a 85 the first time and a 90 the second time. The bad thing here is I thought I was taking the test about two weeks before these pre naplex scores…but life happened and I had a lot of personal issues that came about. EVEN though I did well on these….I wasn't sure if I could count these because I actually took the test 2 months AFTER I did these..which scared me. Therefore, a tip is …if you THINK you are going to reschedule the test..make sure to save one of these pre naplex exams at least….so you can take it like 3 days before or a week before…whatever you want to do…so it is available for you as a help before your naplex. The time I took these tests I had studied for about a month (8hours a day) and I did not feel good about the PREnaplex when I actually did it….I was not truly ready for the exam at this time….that's why!

4.) MATH- ok math is very important as everyone says. DO NOT feel even if you studied math really well that you will get every question on the test correctly…..some of the Math I got was very difficult…I can' t even explain what the heck it was!!!!! Also, for those of you who dwell on math….NOT A GOOD IDEA..please do not do this. If you are unsure after about 4 minutes….on the test MOVE ON. Do not dwell…you do not have to get a 100% of math correct on the test….do not get scared and try to get every single math question on the test correct. I did the Rx prep math and SDN 120 these two combinations were suffice. YOU MUST DO SDN 120………MUST MUST MUST…Rx prep by itself is too easy. Just know that you need to understand math with these two sources to the best of your ability………!!!!!!! Don't have much more to say about math.

5.) Lastly, if you have trouble with time on a test, try to TIME YOURSELF taking questions at home….. Do a "mock" test. Does not have to be 183 questions but time yourself for maybe 30 questions. That way, on the test you are more prepared. Also you have 300 minutes to take the test therefore after 150 minutes you should be on about question 90<< GREAT Time taking tip I followed…I had about 30 minutes left when I finished the exam.

Also, I took the test October 2, which was a friday….so I had to wait over the weekend to get my results. I just found out today October 6th at 1030 am…for those of you who are wondering how long it took to find out. (2 business days).
If ANYONE has any questions, or any consoling for this test, please feel free to message me. I am a believer of prayer and will pray for you guys!!!! God bless this website and the support I have received on here

Yay....congrats!!! Time to call for a big celebration :highfive:

For the Texas MPJE what book did people use that is good and how long you think I should study for it?

newway2015
Took one on Monday and I think I failed it... too many HIV, oncology, ABX and select all the above questions... After the exam, I literally felt like hide somewhere and just cry...
Good luck on your exam tomorrow and let us know how it went!

:rolleyes:Realmanman, hang in there. Just pray right now and try to distract yourself from thinking of the results...though I knoe this is hard! Are you in a state that will let you know online? You will find out the news soonn, I am praying dor you too ! Ive already found out Ive passed yesterday:clap::clap::clap:

Also Ive listed my method of studying above in this post. :)

Congrats on your passing grade newway2015!
I'm like glued to NABP website now. checking to see whether my grade is posted every 10 min or so... I know my grade won't be posted after registration is closed and sent out to state BOP but who knows...

Also, what is this rumor about gray-out tab and being able to transfer score? I see "registration for NAPLEX" tab is currently grayed out but under available action tab I can transfer my grade to other states?!

what does that mean?.................. did... I pass ?!!!?

Congrats on your passing grade newway2015!
I'm like glued to NABP website now. checking to see whether my grade is posted every 10 min or so... I know my grade won't be posted after registration is closed and sent out to state BOP but who knows...

Also, what is this rumor about gray-out tab and being able to transfer score? I see "registration for NAPLEX" tab is currently grayed out but under available action tab I can transfer my grade to other states?!

what does that mean?.................. did... I pass ?!!!?

If you still see that "gray-out", it just means Nabp hasn't transfer your score to your state yet. Once it's transferred, that tab will be orange. You should find out today since you took it on Mon. Good luck!

Congratulations ... Newway......It brought big smile on my face !! even though I am nervous about my own result !! very happy for you !!
I almost felt like It is me saying that..for few seconds then now back to the reality :)

Thank you so much, for the pray. I was stuck in couple of math questions...and I ended up rushing my self at the end....and I really do not remember what i clicked for last 10 questions....I had to put some random numbers in 5 or 6 math questions....I think I did okay after break..but before break...I was not sure what kind of questions i was getting solely from bio stat !! I had like 10 or may be more bio stat questions...which i did not focus...to review !! but I guessed on all of them..so will see !! I am just praying God...I only need 76 !! hopefully can get it.
I already got call from my district manager..about test....so it makes me even more nervous...if i dont pass...and this..this..!! But well...I got over with it...if i pass !! Now it is God's will !! I think whatever will happen...it will for good !!
I am guessing that I might get my result on Friday !! hopefully for good weekend !!
Big thanks again. and Good luck for MPJE !! I already took it for NC , and passed, with almost 1 week of study !! I am sure if you can get 122 in Naplex..you will pass !!

Last edited:
If you still see that "gray-out", it just means Nabp hasn't transfer your score to your state yet. Once it's transferred, that tab will be orange. You should find out today since you took it on Mon. Good luck!
Thank you !! so much !! I ended up not getting rest either..because I was reviewing..and then could not go to sleep !! and I realized that my brain was not working at all for almost 30 minutes during exam...right before break !! I was so glad that I had break...other wise ...i would have just keep picking random answers for more than 30 mins. I also ran out of time...in the last..so had to put random numbers....in order to move..on...because in final 40 questions..I had like 20 or 25 minutes...left. I really do not know what is going to happen !! I have mixed feeling...about failing vs passing..will see !! I think I worked hard and now it is up to God !! I think I did better after break for sure than before break..so cant decide..will see !!
Thank you for all your advise...

Thank you !! so much !! I ended up not getting rest either..because I was reviewing..and then could not go to sleep !! and I realized that my brain was not working at all for almost 30 minutes during exam...right before break !! I was so glad that I had break...other wise ...i would have just keep picking random answers for more than 30 mins. I also ran out of time...in the last..so had to put random numbers....in order to move..on...because in final 40 questions..I had like 20 or 25 minutes...left. I really do not know what is going to happen !! I have mixed feeling...about failing vs passing..will see !! I think I worked hard and now it is up to God !! I think I did better after break for sure than before break..so cant decide..will see !!
Thank you for all your advise...

Sounded like you went thru a similar scenario as me....I had quite a few Biostat on mine too. Well, you're done now and all you can do is continue praying. I'm sure you'll find out the good news soon.

What kind of biostats questions were ? Were they calculations like NNT, RR, ARR etc or multiple choice as in RXPREP quiz bank ?

You will definitely pass, what about HIV, Oncology and ID , were a lot from them? Also what about brand generic? Taking Naplex on 19 October, scared.

As October exam, I had 4, maybe 5 biostat questions... make sure you know some of them.. don't spend too much time but at least you know what is clinically significant and what is not.
HIV= 9 to 10, Oncology = more than 10, ID= most out of any chapters >15.

know how to use asthma/COPD meds and what to counsel patient etc...

Calculation is the key. make sure to know how to calculate.

@REALMANMAN, did you end up getting your score today? I also took the NAPLEX on Monday of this week...and have no score yet. It is now 9:57pm CST..and while I realize they are definitely closed for the day...I can't help but check.

Mine was VERY random, but doesn't sound anything special since that seems to be the consensus. Like 6-8 questions total on big dz states: asthma, COPD, DM, HTN. I had LOTS of questions on "alternative" medicines or dietary supplements. Not something I spent a ton of time on because I didn't really think it would be a big topic on the exam and we didn't ever chat too much about it in school...I guess that could have been my mistake. Lots of HIV and oncology questions. Maybe about 6 MS questions. Just a variety of topics. Not really in any order either. Had a couple MC math questions, but most were fill in the blank...and quite a few centered on TPNs and flow rates. Just hoping for a pass. I literally checked almost every 15 minutes today during business hours...then about every hour because I'm insane. But still no score.......

Just praying for a pass.

Hope you had good news on yours!

What kind of biostats questions were ? Were they calculations like NNT, RR, ARR etc or multiple choice as in RXPREP quiz bank ?
Well !! Mine was not that straight forward...I had Type I error, type II error, .null hypothesis kind of questions... and those stuff.....I also had some tables !! but did not ask to calculate any single thing..some weired questions !!

You will definitely pass, what about HIV, Oncology and ID , were a lot from them? Also what about brand generic? Taking Naplex on 19 October, scared.
I had lot of random questions...I did not have many oncology questions...defenitely...ID and skin infection !!! there were some brand names..as other people discussed !!

@REALMANMAN, did you end up getting your score today? I also took the NAPLEX on Monday of this week...and have no score yet. It is now 9:57pm CST..and while I realize they are definitely closed for the day...I can't help but check.

Mine was VERY random, but doesn't sound anything special since that seems to be the consensus. Like 6-8 questions total on big dz states: asthma, COPD, DM, HTN. I had LOTS of questions on "alternative" medicines or dietary supplements. Not something I spent a ton of time on because I didn't really think it would be a big topic on the exam and we didn't ever chat too much about it in school...I guess that could have been my mistake. Lots of HIV and oncology questions. Maybe about 6 MS questions. Just a variety of topics. Not really in any order either. Had a couple MC math questions, but most were fill in the blank...and quite a few centered on TPNs and flow rates. Just hoping for a pass. I literally checked almost every 15 minutes today during business hours...then about every hour because I'm insane. But still no score.......

Just praying for a pass.

Hope you had good news on yours!

No I did not... I think we should be able to get our grades by tomorrow. For some reason, I can't sleep.... I will end up staying up all night.

Well !! Mine was not that straight forward...I had Type I error, type II error, .null hypothesis kind of questions... and those stuff.....I also had some tables !! but did not ask to calculate any single thing..some weired questions !!

Yeah, I had a table and it asked me to interpret from it. type I or II or others... I was like ok not bad and moved on to the next one. THEN! freakin same table with different questions poped up about 3 more times...

Last edited:
Good to know! At least I know I'm not the only one...was starting to worry it was bad news since it is beyond the 48 hour mark...

Congratulations Marge1, you finally made it. It's time to celebrate. How many questions you got from Oncology , HIV , ID, brand generic and Math if you have any guess that would be great. Enjoy and cheers!

Congrats marge :highfive::soexcited: Yout hard work paid offf!!!

Im sure we will hear the good news from JSK and REALMAN soon!!!:claps:

Congratulations Marge1, you finally made it. It's time to celebrate. How many questions you got from Oncology , HIV , ID, brand generic and Math if you have any guess that would be great. Enjoy and cheers!

On my NAPLEX, I had ~30 math & mixtures of Chemo, HIV & ID. I don't remember the actual amt of questions on these 3 topics, but the questions were straight forward. Questions were asked mostly in Brand names, so make sure you study that. Keep in mind that the exam will be different for everyone, so try to cover all the topics possible. I skipped chemo since that topic was too dry, so I probably missed most of those questions. But I think if you know the basic of chemo drug, you should be fine (for example: Does doxorubicin have cardio-toxic or nephro-toxic....?)

When's your exam?

Thanks so much! I was worried it might be rough since they were both on the same day, but thankful it turned out okay! It was either take them both that one day or wait another month to take the other one...and that was way too long for my job.

@obsession, sounds like it varies among everyone...but here's what I remember:
-like 8 questions in total on asthma, COPD, DM, HTN, and CHF. TOTAL. not each. I honestly anticipated having more questions on these big disease states, but that just didn't happen. Could have just been how it worked out this time. Not sure.
-Probably 10 or more questions on "alternative" medicines and "dietary supplements." Like it would give a patient case of dz states, medications, chief complaint, labs..and all that jazz. And the questions would be along the lines of "Based on the lab values for Ms. Smith, which of the following may be helpful for her to take?" And it would list different ones every time. cordyceps, kava kava, valerian, milk thistle, gingko, garlic. Maybe not the trickiest, but I only glanced at it once in the RxPrep book because I didn't think it was a big issue....my mistake, I guess
-6-ish MS questions.....MOA...contraindications...route of admin.
-I would say probably 15 or more HIV questions. I had about a half hour straight of HIV questions. Different stuff about them so not really anything to pinpoint there.
-Maybe 10 oncology questions. Questions about gene mutations as well as drug tx and counseling stuff.
-Random biostats and kinetics questions
-Had some questions on compounding....like "what process would you use to mix such and such" and you to put the things in order or just pick multiple choice answers...like 2 of each maybe.
-Most math for me involved TPN and flow rates. Or the compounding math questions. Probably had more math questions than anything. Most of mine was fill in the blank. Also, and maybe it was just me...I didn't actually have any mEQ, mmol, or mOsm math questions. Weird-ed me out because everyone else I knew had them so I don't know. But I spent a great deal of time studying that sort of math...and then didn't end up with any. So truly random.
-I didn't have anything like "what is the brand name for drug X"...so not sure there. On all the questions though I'd say 90% of everything is in brand names. Or the answers are all brand names...so I would look at those if you have trouble with them. Even the obscure ones. I had a couple questions with "which one is available as a buccal lozenge?" or "which one is a sprinkle"? stuff like that. so look at the different formulations if you can squeeze it in. That is one thing I studied specifically and I think it really helped. There's a whole chart of all of it near the beginning of RxPrep.

Hope it helps some. Good luck!!

P.S. I had at least 25 math questions. I kept a tally on my first page of the "white board" because (and this is my thought process only) it seems from those I have spoken with who have had quite a few math questions...they passed. However, at 25 I decided to best focus my time on answering the questions instead of my tally....and I know I had quite a few more beyond that...and out of the last 15 or so questions 10 of them were math. So save time at the end in case math pops up for you there so you actually have time to work it and not just fill something in.