National Guard CME retirement points

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roy3333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the official document for the number of class 1 cme's that equals one retirement point? I seem to remember it being 3:1, but my unit is trying to tell me it is 5:1. I want to show them the official document, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have the official document for the number of class 1 cme's that equals one retirement point? I seem to remember it being 3:1, but my unit is trying to tell me it is 5:1. I want to show them the official document, if possible. Thanks in advance!

http://www.ngbpdc.ngb.army.mil/pubs/680/ngr680_2_19_august_2011.pdf

Appendix C

“1 IDT point maximum each day for a meeting of at least 4 hours. These periods will not
be scheduled or performed on a day on which any other type of training or duty is performed…
…including Continuing Medical Education/Continuing Health Education (CME/CHE) approved by
the State Surgeon…”

Not sure where the regs live, but as of about a year or two ago, we have been told that CME-based retirement points only come from when we are on orders (and getting paid).

Members don't see this ad :)
CME for can be considered "completed military approved correspondence courses" and will be rewarded 1 IDT point for each 3 credit hours completed in one day (not rewarded for fewer than 3 credits). This is according to NGR 680-2 Appendix C table C-1, rule 5. YOU MUST NOT BE IN A PAID STATUS in order to claim these points and you can't get more than 2 points (6 ceu) per given calendar day.