natividad fpr in salinas, ca. what's going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kanga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking about applying to natividad fpr, maybe doing a 4th year elective there. i've heard that it's a strong program, but noticed on the website that the last couple years all the residents have been caribbean/ non-US grads. i'm wondering why they didn't fill some spots in the match.

anyone have the inside scoop???

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking about applying to natividad fpr, maybe doing a 4th year elective there. i've heard that it's a strong program, but noticed on the website that the last couple years all the residents have been caribbean/ non-US grads. i'm wondering why they didn't fill some spots in the match.

anyone have the inside scoop???

thanks a lot

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I was browsing old threads and came upon this one and decided to check out the Natividad program's residents. I found out that a resident chose Natividad because of the "agriculture in the area." That's funny. I didn't know that was a reason to choose a residency program.

Prog Director: "We have a residency that emphasizes evidence-based medicine."

Applicant: "Yes, but how is the agriculture in the area?"

http://www.natividad.com/fprp/3rdyear.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with some of the staff at the KC conference. 30-sec impression was that you would get very high-volume ob training, very high % monolingual Spanish pts (intimidating for residents who don't speak it), in a town that doesn't offer much exciting nightlife for singles or much work for spouses and partners. Personally, I thought it sounded fantastic, but my SO is completely uninterested in moving to Salinas. The surrounding coastal areas incl. Santa Cruz, Monterey, etc. have become very expensive.