NAU vs. REGIS vs PACIFIC??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so torn on this decision!!

Is Northern Arizona's program comparable in caliber to Pacific University? I know Regis is the top...
How much does location matter? Building/Classrooms?

Any help is much appreciated. =)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently at NAU and love it. I don't know how to compare it to the others that you mentioned, but per the US News & World Report rankings, Regis is #27, NAU #34 and Pacific University #75 (not University of th Pacific). Methodology is questionable, but it's one way to compare.

What I know about NAU:
Flagstaff campus
- faculty and staff is top-notch, very up-to-date, enlightened and approachable, and completely dedicated to helping every student in the program succeed
- didactic portion is built on foundations of PT, with a focus on producing good clinicians who have a wide base of knowledge who can take their careers in many different directions
- building and facilities ~ 25 years old; not state of the art but sufficient for what we need
- Flagstaff is pretty awesome
- tuition at NAU is on the lower-end of the PT school spectrum and you can easily get AZ residency for your 2nd & 3rd year (to take ~ 20k off total cost)

There is also a Phoenix campus, which I don't know much about aside from the fact that they just started this past year in a spanking new building with all of the modern amenities that you may be looking for.

As I said, I couldn't be happier with the program at NAU. They've had the program for over 30 years and know what they're doing. The professors & classmates are great and there is a cool sense of community in the program. Flagstaff is beautiful and the cost of the program is relatively low. I can't imagine being happier and feeling in better hands anywhere else.

Congrats on having three solid choices. You can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck!

Thank you for your insight amseita. :)

I have decided on NAU!!! It has honestly just been good to hear all the feedback and insight of other pre- and current PT students.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. Hope to see you around in the fall!

All smiles,
Hannah