NAVLE Nov/Dec 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anchok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I am a foreign graduate, studying to take NAVLE this fall. This would be my second attempt. I am having difficulty creating a study plan.... I don't know should I go by species, by systems or by diseases :wacky: There is so much to cover, so many resources, that I don't know where and how to start.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
BTW I did Zuku review last time, and will be signing up for the VetPrep this time as an alternative. Zuku is a great resource and I passed BSCE on a first try with its help, but I want to try something different this time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I am a foreign graduate, studying to take NAVLE this fall. This would be my second attempt. I am having difficulty creating a study plan.... I don't know should I go by species, by systems or by diseases :wacky: There is so much to cover, so many resources, that I don't know where and how to start.
BTW I did Zuku review last time, and will be signing up for the VetPrep this time as an alternative. Zuku is a great resource and I passed BSCE on a first try with its help, but I want to try something different this time.
Hi,
Vetprep would also be a great resource.Sign up for vetprep and keep doing questions.In between if you find any difficulty go through notes or watch videos in youtube.This should help you.All the best

Members don't see this ad :)

using vet prep and i think it's very good

Hi,
Vetprep would also be a great resource.Sign up for vetprep and keep doing questions.In between if you find any difficulty go through notes or watch videos in youtube.This should help you.All the best

Last edited:
Hi there, how long it takes to prepare vet prep for Navle?? i just started about 3 weeks ago??
Hi,
It depends on how much time you spent on that.I think on an average if u can spend 4 hrs a day,can complete vetprep in 2 months,which is purely my opinion.All the best

Hi, I'm a foreign student too...
Now I'm using Vetprep and I used this one when I prepared for BCSE also.
By the way, what is your plan to prepare for CPE??

Hi there, how long it takes to prepare vet prep for Navle?? i just started about 3 weeks ago??
Did you already register for the NAVLE Nov/Dec 2014? If you dedicate most of your time to studying, I think you'll do fine. Although its a pretty big volume of information :))))

Hi, I'm a foreign student too...
Now I'm using Vetprep and I used this one when I prepared for BCSE also.
By the way, what is your plan to prepare for CPE??
I am not thinking about CPE just yet, but I work at the veterinary clinic, and I think it'll be a big help. Planning to utilize city shelters as well.

This is my first attempt and I finished BCSE on June. Do you think NAVLE is different from BCSE, is it more difficult and complicated?
How did you feel about NAVLE?

Hey;
I am retaking Navle too. If you would like to create a study plan. Let me know. We can use skype. Thank you and good luck.

This is my first attempt and I finished BCSE on June. Do you think NAVLE is different from BCSE, is it more difficult and complicated?
How did you feel about NAVLE?
NAVLE is much more clinical than BSCE. They are testing your ability to diagnose, treat, and choose right course of action. So it is more diverse and unpredictable than BSCE. Just sign up for ZUKU review question of the day, and you'll get the feel of NAVLE. The main difference between ZUKU questions and actual NAVLE questions is, that many questions in NAVLE are very long, with many numbers and conditions, and it takes a lot of time to read through them, analyze and respond. That was the issue I struggled with the most, since English is not my first language. In average you only have 1 min, to read and answer the question...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey;
I am retaking Navle too. If you would like to create a study plan. Let me know. We can use skype. Thank you and good luck.
Hi there,
I finally figured out my study plan, but thanks for offering your help!
Good luck to you too.

NAVLE is much more clinical than BSCE. They are testing your ability to diagnose, treat, and choose right course of action. So it is more diverse and unpredictable than BSCE. Just sign up for ZUKU review question of the day, and you'll get the feel of NAVLE. The main difference between ZUKU questions and actual NAVLE questions is, that many questions in NAVLE are very long, with many numbers and conditions, and it takes a lot of time to read through them, analyze and respond. That was the issue I struggled with the most, since English is not my first language. In average you only have 1 min, to read and answer the question...

Thank you for sharing your experience!

NAVLE is just around the corner!!
Cheer up and I hope everybody to pass the exam :)

I was thinking about paying the $35.00 for the isuperlearn mentioned, has anyone had any experience with it?

I was thinking about paying the $35.00 for the isuperlearn mentioned, has anyone had any experience with it?
Sorry for the late reply :))) I like it, that is the only audio program I found, and I needed to utilize my car time... It is not perfect (nothing is), but covers a lot. I definitely think it's worth buying. I just had to get used to the accent of the narrator (sorry Dr. LR))) but now don't notice it at all...
BTW Good Luck to everyone :))) my test is next week :soexcited: