Navy and Dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runstorm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the navy and dental school? Do they pay for your education and then after the four years you work in the Navy? And how long do you have to stay?

Members don't see this ad.

They pay for your tuition and any fees associated with dental school and give you a monthly stipend around $1200 to live on. Then you will owe them 4 years after graduation. Go squids.

Members don't see this ad :)
runstorm said:
Does anyone know anything about the navy and dental school? Do they pay for your education and then after the four years you work in the Navy? And how long do you have to stay?

4 years work, then 4 years reserve.

could possibly own you for life if were at war.

If you like war, traveling, the military mind set, owing 4 years of your life to Uncle Same plus four more as backup(reserve) and teeth....go for it....

I talked with my dentist who recently graduated from school and he told me, he had a couple of friends who went the Navy route and are now regretting it.

IMO, I would stay far away from it, but that's just me!!!
I would suggest talking with some dentists who have gone that route and get their opinions....:]>

My advice after having served 8 years in the military. Don't go militay for the college money. Do it for the right reasons, ie. You enjoy the military lifestyle(always having someone give you orders), the 30 days of vacation a year, no malpractice problems, endless supply of patients who have no choice but to go to you. The military is a great route if you do it for the right reason. And this day and age, even as a dentist you most likely WILL deploy somewhere, but I always looked forward to deployments. They are the best part of serving.

I'm with the Army Dental Corps, and I think it's a great opportunity, but yes, you should do it for the right reasons. Keep in mind that spouses and children usually cannot come with you, should you get deployed.