Navy HSCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Okabe

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Navy HSCP? Currently received and offer and seeking some advice. I go to an expensive private university. My recruiter told me I’m on the alternate list for HPSP and the results do not come out until October. I applied for the 3 year program for both. Any advice helps.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with Big Hoss. I (HPSP) would not have taken the HSCP.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How expensive? How much debt would you have even if you took the HSCP? In my opinion, it’s generally a crappy deal, unless you’re prior service and can use the GI Bill to simultaneously pay for school.

Big Hoss
Tuition is $92,000 per year at my school. If I took HSCP I’d be at $450,000 when I graduate as opposed to $585,000. I actually spoke to my recruiter yesterday and he said if he were me he would hold off until October when they release how many slots they’ll be offering for 3-year HPSP. He said if they offer the typical 20 3-year HPSP I have a secured spot because I’m in the top 10 of the list. I think I’m going to hold off for HPSP. It financially makes more sense for me since I have no prior service.

Reactions: 1 users