NBDE-1 SCORES 2010-2011(Raw & Comp)above or below 75%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perfectionist1

"LIVE LIFE"
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Please post your NBDE part-1 scores 2010 and 2011-Raw and composite.
Post it whether you pass or you fail,above 75%tile or below,
it doesnt matter...we always just get to see the toppers,lets see what % doesnt make it,just to get an overall idea and to know the competition.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

How can you make sure others are telling you the truth? If somebody want to scare you and brag about his score and background, you may not apply the same school. By this way this person will have less competition.

So it is not wise to ask people BEFORE the application. On the other hand, you can get some useful information if someone tells you his/her status after he/she get admitted to a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats svetlana for such an amazing score .:bow:
here 's my breakdown annie
comp score 88[86,80,77,75}

Why don't you post your own score?
Why do you think you can REQUEST others to post their score?
haha...I wish I could do that(dint gv ma exm yet)....n then I wouldnt hv even bothered to know urs!!!!
Anyway if u r done with ur exm then mention it otherwise ....please check ur relevant thread....there are many who need this!goodluck!

thats a great score playmaker...congrats....cud u just let us know about what u used for ur study material and what was ur prep time and like what topics were more asked on the exam...and i have a doubt - is micro asked much in detail in boards?...and how did u feel about the exam when u gave it...like do they just test the basics or go very deep into the intricate details of each subject..i am sorry for so many questions but it wud be great if u reply back..thanx in advance

thats a great score playmaker...congrats....cud u just let us know about what u used for ur study material and what was ur prep time and like what topics were more asked on the exam...and i have a doubt - is micro asked much in detail in boards?...and how did u feel about the exam when u gave it...like do they just test the basics or go very deep into the intricate details of each subject..i am sorry for so many questions but it wud be great if u reply back..thanx in advance

6 months 40 hrs/week
last 2 months more than 70-80 hrs/week
kaplan,decks,1st aid(anatomy only),kaplan v.lectures ,old tests,sdn forum + WIKIPEDIA

Members don't see this ad :)
Anatomic Science - 79 -
biochemistry/Physiology - 73 - Microbiology/Pathology - 84
Dental Anatomy/Occlusion - 92 -
comp--89

wow congratulations playmaker,fourthmolar n dentstudnit.....:):clap::clap::clap:
kool scores....gudluck wid ur admissions.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Gotaf,playmaker3,perfectionist1,R19 and others for helping me here.
My gpa 3.83,part 1 score -89,three months observership in US.is this sufficient to apply for the universities for the yr 2011?or i shud clear part 2 also? please help.

My gpa 3.83,part 1 score -89,three months observership in US.is this sufficient to apply for the universities for the yr 2011?or i shud clear part 2 also? please help.

I guess u can make it wid this score only....

Congrats @dentstudnit...thats a very good score! Definitely apply with that score to whichever universities are still accepting part 1. Meanwhile if you are free prepare for part 2 as well. Knowledge never goes waste!

hiee evryone...m new here...nd just finishd my intrnshp...m frm india...plsss i needed sm hlp...m realy scard nd cnfusd 2 take up nbde!!!i mean....since thers only one attempt and i hrd frm 2012 it wud b just pass/fail....howz this possibl???i mean....on wht basis wud b d admissns done without scores?????and also wantd 2 knw when is d best time 2 take up nbd???when xactly do schools invite???plssss...anser my query....wud b realy greatful....thanx in advance.....

Congrats @dentstudnit...thats a very good score! Definitely apply with that score to whichever universities are still accepting part 1. Meanwhile if you are free prepare for part 2 as well. Knowledge never goes waste!

Thanks Gotaf and perfectionist1 for ur reply.I know few people who scored 90 and above in part 1 nbde and were not selected by the universities :confused:.Thatsy i was little confused.Thanks once again.

and all those who already got ther scores....all the vryy best 4 ya applicatns....may u all get in2 d schools f ur choice!!!!

Hi Svetlana!I m a dentist from Moldova..considering taking nbde 1. Would you share what material you used?

thank you beforehand!

Hi everybody
I've just got my score and I feel really bad about it. mine are (71,70,74,88) , and the standard is 85!!:(
studied about one year, 6hrs/day... My percentages of the old exams which I had taken before the test date were excellent (all lessons above 85 and DA 95) and I expected to make it perfect, but on the test date I felt it was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXAM from all other exams I ever seen.
I wonder if anyone recently taken the exam feels like me?? Does anybody think it has been harder recently?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

thanks holly... i dont know... is it good??? i mean everyone says its good... but i see people achieving over 90 easily... but i just couldnt... i dont know where am gonna reply.. i am just trying to find observership now... but am quite unsuccessful till now... cant find anywhere....
Congratulations!
Thats a good score doctor. Where are you planning to apply now?

hey... thats the case with me too. i got 87..and i felt the same.. so dont worry.. even i am quite disappointed .. i did study for an year too ..and see the result.. i think the percentile has really gone down now..atleast everyone here says this...so thats what i am relying on...and i have been active here on forum from past 2-3 months ..and i havent heard anyone scoring 90 from a long time..so i think what we got , is quite good...i mean i hope so...
Hi everybody
I've just got my score and I feel really bad about it. mine are (71,70,74,88) , and the standard is 85!!:(
studied about one year, 6hrs/day... My percentages of the old exams which I had taken before the test date were excellent (all lessons above 85 and DA 95) and I expected to make it perfect, but on the test date I felt it was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXAM from all other exams I ever seen.
I wonder if anyone recently taken the exam feels like me?? Does anybody think it has been harder recently?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

hey... thats the case with me too. i got 87..and i felt the same.. so dont worry.. even i am quite disappointed .. i did study for an year too ..and see the result.. i think the percentile has really gone down now..atleast everyone here says this...so thats what i am relying on...and i have been active here on forum from past 2-3 months ..and i havent heard anyone scoring 90 from a long time..so i think what we got , is quite good...i mean i hope so...

Thankyou bhavi4all,
Hopefully you'll make it becouse your score is a very good score as a first attemt. I read on this forum that many people with 80-85 scores have recently got admissions. God will help every hard working person, I'm sure.
What do you suggest me now? Do you have any information about BU? I hoped to get a 90+ to make it easy to get the BU's admission. I should take toefl too and don't have any special thing in my resume.
again thank you for your supportive massage:thumbup:

thanks holly... i dont know... is it good??? i mean everyone says its good... but i see people achieving over 90 easily... but i just couldnt... i dont know where am gonna reply.. i am just trying to find observership now... but am quite unsuccessful till now... cant find anywhere....

Its a good score Bhavi. I heard some of them got in with that score this year. I think its specially a good score for 2011 since not many are scoring high in 90s. I think you can make it. Have patience and goodluck.

I really dont know about that... but even my dream is to get into BU... but i dont think they consider score as much ..thats what people tell me... they consider other things more ..like other special things...coz one of my friend scored 93 in september 2010...and she didnt even get a call from BU ..so i dont think score is a big criteria for them...but about me... i dont have score or any special thing..lol... so BU looks grey right now...
send me a mail at [email protected] ..so that we can stay in touch through all this process...
Thankyou bhavi4all,
Hopefully you'll make it becouse your score is a very good score as a first attemt. I read on this forum that many people with 80-85 scores have recently got admissions. God will help every hard working person, I'm sure.
What do you suggest me now? Do you have any information about BU? I hoped to get a 90+ to make it easy to get the BU's admission. I should take toefl too and don't have any special thing in my resume.
again thank you for your supportive massage:thumbup:

Yeah i dont know why there arent many people scoring above 90 in 2011..i havent heard about a single above 90 score till now..did they really tune up the exam ?? or they just tightened the score???
Its a good score Bhavi. I heard some of them got in with that score this year. I think its specially a good score for 2011 since not many are scoring high in 90s. I think you can make it. Have patience and goodluck.

Hi everyone,
my friend gave part 1 recently and got a score of 79,should she bother applying to schools...please guide.

Hi everyone...:p
Here is my part I score (taken jan. 2011)
Dental anat/occlusion---96
Micro/path--83
Biochem/physio--86
Anat---85
COMP SCORE---95

Last edited:
Hi happy braces,
Would you please give me some tips on how u ended up with such a great score?What books did u do?Please help.

Micro/path--83
Biochem/physio--86
Anat---85
COMP SCORE---95

Dental decks (1995, 2001, and 2007 editions)
First Aid USMLE Part I (Very helpful)
Old exams (although not many repeats on the real test)
Wikipedia/google/youtube
And more USMLE review books for each subject (for diagrams/pictures/tables/others)

Micro/path--83
Biochem/physio--86
Anat---85
COMP SCORE---95

Congrats Happybraces. Thats a wonderful score. You will get it in the school of your choice. Do you mind telling us how many days did you study for the boards? And your strategy? Thank you.

It took me about 5 months while I was working as a full time associate. At first round of dental deck review, I just tried to refresh old memories (w/o pressure of understanding or memorization). At second round, I tried to UNDERSTAND the content (w/o memorization). At third round of decks, I tried to grasp every single detail. For last month of studying, I concentrated on old exams (But not many repeats on the real test though, especially second half of the test was a killer) First Aid USMLE was very helpful. Highly recommend it. Good luck.

It took me about 5 months while I was working as a full time associate. At first round of dental deck review, I just tried to refresh old memories (w/o pressure of understanding or memorization). At second round, I tried to UNDERSTAND the content (w/o memorization). At third round of decks, I tried to grasp every single detail. For last month of studying, I concentrated on old exams (But not many repeats on the real test though, especially second half of the test was a killer) First Aid USMLE was very helpful. Highly recommend it. Good luck.

Thank you so much. Was there any subject you felt was difficult in the exam than the others? and did you refer other text books or just the decks?

Thank you so much. Was there any subject you felt was difficult in the exam than the others? and did you refer other text books or just the decks?[/QUOTE
Probably microbio/path. There were several questions I had to just guess.
And yes I read other sources other than decks.

Thank you so much. Was there any subject you felt was difficult in the exam than the others? and did you refer other text books or just the decks?[/QUOTE
Probably microbio/path. There were several questions I had to just guess.
And yes I read other sources other than decks.
I heard lot of people saying that micro/path are tough.
Can you tell us what all books you referred? It would be very helpful. sorry for troubling you so much. You are an inspiration to most of us here.

Happy braces, congratulations on this amazing score!!!!!, you're the first person I've seen on the forum taking the exam this year and scoring in the 90s. I'm quite sure it will get you to places . Will you please let us know what subjects you did from the first aid USMLE, time you spend studying (how many hours a day) and any other advise you consider that would be helpful?

For microbio/pathology, I used Decks,First Aid USMLE, and wikipedia. Making flashcards helped also.
During weekday, probably 3-4hr/day
During weekend, 7-8hrs/day
Now I am studying for GRE and it's more hidious...yuk

Last edited:
For microbio/pathology, I used Decks,First Aid USMLE, and wikipedia. Making flashcards helped also.
During weekday, probably 3-4hr/day
During weekend, 7-8hrs/day
Now I am studying for GRE and it's more hidious...yuk

Why are you studying GRE? Don't we just have to give the TOEFL?

Comp score : 89

anatomy : 82
pathology : 85
biochem/phsyio : 72
dental anatomy : 79

pretty sad and happy at the same time... dental anatomy was my strongest subject and i messed up... anyway... i'm relieved i guess.. thanks for all the help sdn.

Comp score : 89

anatomy : 82
pathology : 85
biochem/phsyio : 72
dental anatomy : 79

pretty sad and happy at the same time... dental anatomy was my strongest subject and i messed up... anyway... i'm relieved i guess.. thanks for all the help sdn.

Congratulations!!! cool score....seen u around for a while on sdn. Good job.