NBDE I in 4 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

David1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my NBDE I this Saturday. Everyone is always saying "it's not really that big of a deal" and apparently only a handful of students fail per class each year, but now I'm starting to freak out.

I've been studying most days for the past 5 weeks but this has essentially been going through all of the dental decks somewhat thoroughly. I'm going through them quickly a 2nd time now and remember a decent amount but certainly not everything. I didn't use First Aid as I wasn't a huge fan of the format.

In any case, I just began looking over old exams and I do not feel comfortable at all. Also some people's posts on here are definitely freaking me out (For example, post #9 here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/passed-my-part-1-nbde.1037027/ ).

I don't tend to fail any exams I actually put much effort into, I got a 25 on my DAT but felt much much more prepared for that. GPA this school year was about a 3.3 so certainly not as good as undergrad. I thought a month of studying would be enough and definitely wouldn't expect to be one of the handful of people failing but I really do not even feel like I know half of the information.

Any thoughts or helpful tips? Or last minute study advice? Should I just go through as many old exams in the next few days as possible or would be it a better use of my time to complete my 2nd time through the decks?

Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reading through more posts it seems like some people are studying for 4+ months and STILL finding it really difficult :eek: I thought I studied quite a bit, almost everyone in my class seems to just be using dental decks and first aid and some only studied for 3-4 weeks but now I'm not sure.

When only a few days left - it is better to just relax, it is too late to learn something.
It is kind of late for this advice, how was the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! Now that you passed give us a brief recommendation about the study method and materials.
I have my test next month and I've been studying Anatomic Sciences and biochem/physiology by dental decks (now just starting with Micro/Patho. I can respond 90% of them and I am planing to study by released test the last week before the test. Can you recommend me anything else or give an advise?
Thanks!