NBDE Part 2 : Busters/FirstAid/Mosby

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Do you guys have any experience with following books : Please shed some light as to choose which study material. I know decks and papers are must, please suggest on the following books to complement decks and papers.

First Aid : Part 2
Kaplan Review Notes
Dental Board Busters
Mosby for Part 2

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys..

Do you guys have any experience with following books : Please shed some light as to choose which study material. I know decks and papers are must, please suggest on the following books to complement decks and papers.

Kaplan Review Notes
Dental Board Busters
Mosby for Part 2

Thanks.

I studied from all except busters, I know nothing about it. I thought Kaplan Review Notes and First Aid were not that good at all, however the kaplan qbank is fantastic. Also, Mosbys is a way better study tool than First Aid and Review Notes. Good luck!

I used Dental Board Busters and really liked it. I used it for part 1 and I plan on doing the same for part 2. It was written by dental students who excelled on their NBDE. It incorporates science info and past exam info into 1 study guide. I would highly recommend initially using DBB and studying old exams 2 weeks prior your exam. Repetition is key, I read through the book 4 times. Also, finding someone who is using the same resources and quizzing each other really helps. There are others who have sent me messages on here with good responses to using DBB, maybe they will chime in as well. Good luck!

I used Dental Board Busters and really liked it. I used it for part 1 and I plan on doing the same for part 2. It was written by dental students who excelled on their NBDE. It incorporates science info and past exam info into 1 study guide. I would highly recommend initially using DBB and studying old exams 2 weeks prior your exam. Repetition is key, I read through the book 4 times. Also, finding someone who is using the same resources and quizzing each other really helps. There are others who have sent me messages on here with good responses to using DBB, maybe they will chime in as well. Good luck!

Busted!

My insight on dental board busters:

I had the DDB for pt 2 and sold it immediately(Did not like it after I skimmed through it). People say its pretty good for part 1, but I would use the resources mentioned here for part 2.

Plus is very expensive.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had all but board buster.. Mosby's was the best for part 2. Kaplan and first aid were ok, i would focus alot more on mosby's than the other 2.

Thnx all for your responses..So what i can make here is

DBB : Still unknown, I have the book, so might use it
Mosby : excellent resource
FirstAid and Kaplan : not so good as it was for part 1

Thnx guys, so time to start with part 2. Good luck everyone

Thnx all for your responses..So what i can make here is

DBB : Still unknown, I have the book, so might use it
Mosby : excellent resource
FirstAid and Kaplan : not so good as it was for part 1

Thnx guys, so time to start with part 2. Good luck everyone

your summary sounds about right - also if you have the book (DBB) then yes, by all means, study from it, u may find it very helpful. I have not heard ONE person that has suggested using either FirstAid or Kaplan Notes for NBDE 2, but lots including myself that have used Mosbys and highly recommend it. Like dr37 said, good luck to you all!!!

I studied from all except busters, I know nothing about it. I thought Kaplan Review Notes and First Aid were not that good at all, however the kaplan qbank is fantastic. Also, Mosbys is a way better study tool than First Aid and Review Notes. Good luck!

kaplan q bank is online rite,,which one did u opt for ,the 1 or 3 months course?? do u think its helpful??

kaplan q bank is online rite,,which one did u opt for ,the 1 or 3 months course?? do u think its helpful??

Hi shibab - yes the kaplan qbank is online. I only used it for less than a month and I felt there was plenty of time. But it is such a great tool that I would probably use it longer if I had more time to study. But, I wanted to spend plenty of time studying from the rest of my stuff including decks, exams, tufts and mosbys.

decks (except pharm) twice and tufts pharmacology

Hi shibab - yes the kaplan qbank is online. I only used it for less than a month and I felt there was plenty of time. But it is such a great tool that I would probably use it longer if I had more time to study. But, I wanted to spend plenty of time studying from the rest of my stuff including decks, exams, tufts and mosbys.

thanks odontologia..

so u r done with part 2 ,,r u in school nw ?? r u a FTD?

Members don't see this ad :)
well there are no ADS in this section.. i was just asking people who have already taken the test that what do they think of the different study materials....

Exactly the same as what we have and moderator tinman closed out thread. ;) I was just complaining why he closed out thread but not others. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Oh not to you buddy..i was just saying to moderator.... we are just asking people who have been through this rough road to knw more about the study materials and not doing any advertising....

Good luck with ur test :)

Oh not to you buddy..i was just saying to moderator.... we are just asking people who have been through this rough road to knw more about the study materials and not doing any advertising....

Good luck with ur test :)

I am cool with that.. thanks!!! :).

i got sick of decks, so got busters.
busters is decks in outline form. just flip through the thing. you should know whether you will like it in 1 second.

some bad things about busters: no PICTURES. uh, pictures are sort of important for oral path and radiology. So i would say those sections are weak in the book.

Comparing some of the info i get from doing old tests a lot of the pharm just isn't on there. Not on decks either though.

lots of repetition. seems like the people just wrote decks all over again into the book and didn't pay attention if it was mentioned already. sometimes i'll read the same phrase twice in one page. i guess its useful, but to me its annoying.

lots of spelling errors. spell check?

i like how everything is bolded or in larger font when there is emphasis. that's important to me bc i talk with my hands and a lot of intonation in my voice..just a style preference i suppose

all in all, its convenient for me to carry around. i hate the way bags of decks fit in my purse or school bag. i read through first aid (terrible) and mosby's (too drab).

Hey!

I'm preparing for nbde part2. Does anybody have Asda new released papers?

Hey guys..

Kaplan Review Notes
Dental Board Busters
Mosby for Part 2

Thanks.

I tok the Canadian dental board testnthis week and I had the kap review notes and first aid. First aid part two is incomplete to many sections are lacking. The pros, radiology, pedo, operative are really lacking. The pharmis ok. The path falls short. For the path to be complete you need info from their part one book. The Kaplan review notes are more complete. But can be time consuming. I found decks to be the most useful. I did not have mosby nor busters so i can't comment on them. My two scents is to get decks with their case studies and go through them several times.

Another thing the first aid part two cases studies are a joke you don't need to read the book to now the answers.

can any one tell that where can i get tutorial and sample questions for part II. i am trying to find @ ada web site but i couldn't find it...plz guide me ..i have my exam next week..thanks

Veena, I can't help you with the questions, but I heard that just by studying from Mosby, decks, and tufts pharmacology is enough.

Decks should have almost the same questions pattern from the part II exam, don't you think ?

Good luck, Veena.

Veena, I can't help you with the questions, but I heard that just by studying from Mosby, decks, and tufts pharmacology is enough.

Decks should have almost the same questions pattern from the part II exam, don't you think ?

Good luck, Veena.
thanks for ur reply blissonearth...but i am not asking for the questions...i just want to see the tutorial to get little practice for 'computer based exam".so i will have no problem in exam. thanks agian..:)

thanks for ur reply blissonearth...but i am not asking for the questions...i just want to see the tutorial to get little practice for 'computer based exam".so i will have no problem in exam. thanks agian..:)

highly recommend kaplan qbank to get a great idea of what the ?s are like on the exam!! good luck!!

There is mock exam or crack the nbde. I bought it for part one and I don't really use it.
The computer exam is very easy, they tell you how to do it. Very very straightforward and easy. I think it is easier than taking the paper exam, you can mark your answer and got the marked one immediatedly at th end of your last question. You can laso browse the whole question for review. You can click previous and forward, too.

Tnx allott...