NBEO Part I

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there good review guides available for Part I of the Boards? For those of you who've already taken it -- how did you prepare for it?

Members don't see this ad.

The berkeley guide... I studied that and the Schwartz "visual perception" book. That's it. I didn't look at class notes at all. (i wouldn't have known where to start)

One note. The first 90 pages of the guide is Anatomy. It's only NINE questions on the exam. SKIP IT !! Don't waste your time !!

I'm studying for boards now :scared: , and am only using Berkley and First Aid for USMLE Step 1.

I took Part I last summer and studied a couple of different things. I didn't think that the Berkely guide was very helpful because it wasn't as organized as I would like and some of the information was actually incorrect. I did study with the First Aid book and found that it was really helpful. I also used some topic specific books that were great, they are on various topics and are called "High Yield..." I thought that the pathology and Pharm were the most helpful. For physiology I used a book called "Clinical Physiology Made Ridiculously Simple" and it explained all the physiology that completely confused my during the class so well that I actually understood it and not just memorized it. The only other advice that I would give is to read Schwartz at least twice, there will be lots of questions that can be answered with info from that one source.

Good luck to everyone that is studying for Part I right now. I know the task is daunting but hang in there. You be so happy when its over!

Good luck again. :)