NEED 6-Week MCAT Retake Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abbas012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received results from my July 24 MCAT back about a week ago (Got a 25) and just scheduled a retake this morning for October 21

I had began studying in May and my strategy involved exhausting all of the AAMC practice materials, including the Diagnostics and all of the practice exams. My strategy revolved around advice from this individual http://www.premedhq.com/2013/12/mcat-study-tips-from-41-scorer.html

My score breakdown is as follows (PS/VR/BS = 7/8/10)

Based on my results and what I have studied so far what would be the best approach to improve my scores, primarily my PS.

NOTE: I am in possession of TBR materials for Physics/Chem/Ochem

However, I prefer to study by completing practice tests and reviewing them thoroughly, as this is what I am used to

Now I am worried that I do not have any further AAMC materials to review, and I must revamp my strategy

Based on my habits and past review, what would you guys recommend in terms of a strategy for my upcoming (October 21) MCAT? All advice is welcome, I am looking for a 5 pt increase to a 30

EDIT: I had seen several people say that AAMC PT 9/10/11 are highly indicative of your score on the day of the test, and I had gotten a 29/25/29 on those three, respectively

Members don't see this ad.

To me, sounds like you prefer the way Spinach went about studying. Search the site for the Spinach Method and you should find it!