Need a confidence boost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptApplicant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received an email from IAUPR saying I have been selected for a Skype interview, and if I would like to come in person, that can be arranged as well. I am from PA and was wondering if doing a Skype interview will look negatively from their perspective. (My interview is actually on Tuesday). Is there anyone that had Skype interviews and it was a positive experience?

Members don't see this ad.

My boyfriend had a skype interview for a Ph.D. Program. From what he said, it wasn't too bad. He wore a suit jacket and reserved a conference room at school for it. As long as you check your computer to ensure it is in proper working order for Skype, you shouldn't have a problem. Log in a few minutes ahead of time. After that, it is just like any other interview! Good luck!!

Thank you! Is it strange if I just stay at home and do it? I was planning on doing it in the dining room where the background is plain and clean, and I had asked my friend to skype me to make sure everything looks okay from the other end!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd convince your parents a trip to the Caribbean is necessary;)