Need a reality check. Advice please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elliee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please be really honest. I don't mind if it's harsh because that's life right?

I'm a freshman who is in her second semester in college. I did really bad the first semester.
Grades: Biology 1 Lecture - B
Biology 1 Lab - B
Chem 1 Lecture - C+
Chem 1 Lab - A-
Calc 1 - A

My overall GPA as of now is a 3.2 and to make it worse, I'm a BME major.
I'm freaking out and stressing whether I could actually do this. I was so motivated in the beginning, but my motivation has plummeted so much. Right now, I'm taking Chem 2, Biol 2, and Calc 2. Chemistry is still making me struggle. I'm unsure whether I should retake Chem 1 in the summer, but will that matter? My chem professor got to most people in class when he told us that most medical schools won't count you in if you repeat a general science class. What should I do? Also, I'm doubting whether I will get a high GPA with my major. At first, I wanted to major in music, but that's a real risk. How many music majors get accepted? If I don't get accepted, I can't really do anything with a music degree... Those are my worries.
The main questions running through my head:
Should I change majors?
Should I retake Chem 1?
Do I have what it takes or should I just give up now while I still have little to lose?

I'm sorry I asked so many questions, but if you're willing to give advice, I'd be so grateful.

Members don't see this ad.

Chill. Just move forward. You can still make it to a top 20 with what just happened. Nothing needs to be retaken. Just move on.