Need advice on follow-up with researcher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LivingOffLoans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I did it. I actually made contact with someone whose work I have cited quite a bit and is an up-and-coming name. We talked and I was offered a volunteer assistant position. But I was told to wait a week to hear from the other assistants about the next step. After a couple of weeks went by, I emailed the POI and was told that they were still figuring some logistics out, but I would hear back in a week. It has been another three weeks and I have not heard anything. I don't want to be a pest and keep emailing POI, but I am eager to know what is going on soon I can figure out some scheduling stuff on my end. What should I do? Keep waiting, or contact?

Members don't see this ad.

I would drop an e-mail, as ppl get busy. I am really bad about stuff like this, so whenever I interview students I tell them to not be afraid to e-mail me if I don't F/U.

Reactions: 1 users
*bump*

...as in I have emailed POI and am getting no response. Would they just fall away on something like that? Seems strange if so.