Need Advice Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relapse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a U.S. Citizen. Almost done with med school in India. Wanted to inquire what the requirements were to enroll in a MPH program.

If I have taken the USMLE, do I have to take GRE or any other test?

If I don't take the USMLE, what tests do I have to take?

Is it the same for MHA, MBA?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a U.S. Citizen. Almost done with med school in India. Wanted to inquire what the requirements were to enroll in a MPH program.

If I have taken the USMLE, do I have to take GRE or any other test?

If I don't take the USMLE, what tests do I have to take?

Is it the same for MHA, MBA?

The specific requirements depend on the schools to which you plan to apply. Some schools will accept the MCAT, others only accept the GRE. You should definitely research the programs you're interested in and check the requirements on the website.

MHA will generally take the GRE, but for MBA programs, you'll need the GMAT. There are exceptions: for example, Harvard Business School will take the GRE. Definitely look at the schools that you want to apply to and check their requirements, though.

my question though is whether or not a USMLE score will substitute a GRE/GMAT as regarding entrance to MPH/MHA or MBA.

I know that since the GRE/GMAT are graduate level tests, a USMLE might be seen to waiver the fact that you must take those two exams.

Any help?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools will not substitute. Some schools may(few). Contact the schools you're interested knowing you will probably have to take it. Also know that some schools have exemption from GRE based on other factors(holding an advanced degree) that vary from school to school. Without knowing your background and where you're applying I can only advise you to look at each schools website.
Ps...many MBA programs want the GMAT

maybe i should rephrase:

Does anybody know any schools that take an advanced degree in substitute for the GRE to enter into an MPH/MHA?

That's part of the joy of applying to schools: doing the research :-/

The standardized test information and whatnot are usually on the school's website. If not, you can call or email--all the schools I've contacted (except for a certain Ivy League...) have been very friendly and helpful.