Need Help/Advice from Dental Students Regarding Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreams2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello student dentists,

Posting this here because maybe some of you have had similar experiences in the past when applying and may be able to help me out. i would really appreciate it.

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't really remember that the rescheduling process automatically drops the current date you have but I do remember I rescheduled my interview with Nova about 4 times but that was because my original date was not until March (I got the invite late october) and I wanted something earlier to increase my chances of getting in. I ended up having my interview early January. Honestly as long as you dont pick a date thats a month later, 2 at the most based on availability, I wouldnt stress it being a critical factor in admissions. But to help you out what I used to do was open three tabs and take a look at what dates are open on one, then select it and fill out with all my info but would not submit it, then on the other tab id have the link to drop my date, and finally on the last one id have the calendar of dates to make sure no one took the date while I was filling out the info. Then once I was ready, i dropped, switched tabs and submitted for the new date, worked like a charm for me especially considering how there were a lot of people lurking on the calendar past december to get earlier interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
i think if you have to then just reschedule it. It's probably automated and no one will see anway

hello student dentists,

Posting this here because maybe some of you have had similar experiences in the past when applying and may be able to help me out. i would really appreciate it.

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!
I had to reschedule twice with Nova. First time it was fine. Second time, they never got back to me despite numerous calls, emails, and voicemails.