Need help compiling a school list for next application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KMS0732

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be applying to MD schools next cycle and I wanted some help figuring out which schools I should apply to. I'm having trouble with estimating which schools are reaches and which ones are realistic goals. I feel like my stats are low when you look at the data for Asian applicants, but then again I don't want to underestimate my application so much that I miss out on applying to some higher tier schools that I could have gotten in to.

Ethnicity: Asian
Residency: PA
cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 520
Major: Biology
Volunteering experience: hospital volunteer, 150 hours, about 1 year
1 semester volunteering at a clinic for underserved populations
1 summer volunteering at a physical rehabilitation center​

Shadowing experience: close to 100 hours shadowing different specialties like pediatrics and oncology
Research experience: 1 summer doing research at a school close to home, 3 semesters at my current university
Other:
Tutor for physics and statistics for 4 semesters
Peer mentor for freshmen at my university for 3 semesters
An engineering based club for 2 semesters

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to all your PA schools:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth
Pitt
You could add other schools such as:
Boston University
Tufts
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Hofstra
Case Western
Georgetown

Apply to the schools in PA

Go through MSAR and pick another solid handful of OOS friendly schools that get <11k apps with an MCAT median roughly around 34-35(ie Miami Emory Ohio St etc). Those OOS schools where your MCAT is significantly above their 90th percentile likely aren't good choices for you