Need help figuring out my next step

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snuppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. So I am a little lost.

For background purposes, I am senior in Biological Sciences with a Spanish minor at UC Irvine, CA resident with a 3.2 science GPA, 3.5 cumulative GPA, and a 28 MCAT - 11 in Bio, 8 in Physical Sciences, and 9 in Verbal.
I have done research in a developmental biology lab for 2 years with one article currently under review, I have completed around 300 hours as a hospital volunteer, and tutored lower division biology for four quarters. I have also been a part of some miscellaneous clubs (Circle K for 1 year, AMSA for 1 year, and Students for Integrative Medicine for 1 year) and have also been a mentor for freshmen for 1 year.

I am not sure of what my chances are for getting into medical school so I am looking at other options. Based on my information above, do you think it would be best to just go ahead and apply? Or should I do a post-bac? Or would a MS be useful? Would a SMP be a good idea? I just wanted some input. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.