Need Help Making a List of possible Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marie909

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I’m a rising senior (one semester left) needing some help making up a list of medical schools

-AA female

-cgpa: 3.5

-sgpa: 3.2

-mcat: not sure when I’m taking it yet

-B.A Biology

-Africana studies minor

-President of my university’s Black Student Alliance (biggest political org and black org on campus

-a current assistant teacher at a preschool in an underserved community

-wrote illustrated and published a children’s book geared towards young black girls

-Clinical hours: 250 as a CNA during peak of covid

Clinical volunteering: current EMT at local firehouse

- 1 year and probably about 100 hours of biochem research…no publications but one poster presentation but I don’t even know it I should mention it bc I left the lab after a year because I truly dreaded going.

-publication from an independent research class project in Africana studies

-shadowing starting this summer

- non clinical volunteer work has mostly been through Black Student Alliance (volunteering as an org through projects I led, but I definitely need more this summer)

The things that I’m lacking in (shadowing, volunteer work) I will be working on ASAP

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wait until you have an actual MCAT score. That is the main determinant of your school range and without an MCAT, our suggestions would be worthless

Reactions: 3 users
When are you taking the MCAT? When are you applying? As soon as you get your score post it here and people will be happy to help you. If you want to build your own list, buy the MSAR and find schools where your stats are between the 10th and 90th percentiles. But even then you won’t benefit from the nuances the ADCOMS know about at particular schools. You should just wait for your score.
Good luck on your MCAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.