Need Help Starting Med School Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheNewGuy8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Since lots of things in the pre-med process are determined by what schools you're looking at I want to begin looking into med schools. Can people suggest resources? There must be places that compare schools, talk about their programs, ratings, etc. ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

Since lots of things in the pre-med process are determined by what schools you're looking at I want to begin looking into med schools. Can people suggest resources? There must be places that compare schools, talk about their programs, ratings, etc. ?

Thanks

The MSAR gives info about most of the MD schools. This is a link to the online info and there are links through them to all...most...???...of the schools which are members. The paper version has outlines of most of the info about admission stats, etc.

The CIB is the same for the DO schools. This page actually has links to pdfs of their overview pages.

For rankings and the like, I think that is a US News and World Reports thing and you have to buy the online subscription to see that stuff.

GL.

thanks for the info! The MSAR seems to require a login - i can't seem to just create an account.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. I'm not sure why...but I always used the paper version.

Most libraries have a copy of the MSAR, probably easiest to just stop by and flip through it.