Need help to make a decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hsin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Got an issue. I have a BSc in nursing and worked for two years as a registered nurse before losing my nursing licence.
I have always wanted to study medicine and was preparing for that during the period when i lost my licence, but stopped as I wasn't sure it made sense to continue. I'm still not sure if it will work out and that's the reason i need help.

Now my issues are:
1. Will this affect my medical school application, and if yes, in what way?
2. Can I just go ahead and apply for med school without mention of my BSCN or previous licence issues?
3. Should I just disclose all previous acts and see what happens?

Anyone with knowledge that can assist me, please send me a message with your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Prolly depends on what you lost your license for....

The revocation of a nursing license is as serious as a felony conviction for a med school application.
We check with licensing boards for those who apply from other professions (including law and nursing) for professionalism violations.

Members don't see this ad :)
The revocation of a nursing license is as serious as a felony conviction for a med school application.
We check with licensing boards for those who apply from other professions (including law and nursing) for professionalism violations.

Thanks for the reply. What is likely to happen if I don't report that I had a licence revoked and this is found out sometime later?

Thanks for the reply. What is likely to happen if I don't report that I had a licence revoked and this is found out sometime later?
This could be considered malfeasance or moral turpitude depending on the school.
In other words, bad or outrageously bad. Dismissal should be expected if you don't disclose.

If you disclose and they accept you anyway, they have no grounds for dismissal.

Last edited by a moderator: