need help w school list plz (522/3.86/FL/White)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ripmysociallife

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could use some guidance on school list! I am a reapplicant, I knew my activities/EC hours were pretty weak going into last years application but I decided to go for it because my MCAT had ended up better than I thought. I've put an asterisk on the schools that I would be considered a reapp to.

• State/Country of Residence: FL
  • Ties to other States/Regions: weak ties to NY and NC
  • [URM] (Y/N): no, white female
  • Year in School: just graduated
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.86
  • Science GPA: 3.75
  • MCAT Score(s): 522
  • Research Experience: 600 hours in obesity research
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters: 2 papers in review that I'll be co author on, first place in poster presentation
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 75 volunteer, 120 paid (so far) as a patient care coordinator/scribe w 1500 projected as its my gap year job
  • Physician Shadowing: 60 hours split between ortho, family medicine, and internal medicine
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: 200 hours w non-profit for HIV education, 125 with voter registration, 120 over 4 years with an organization in college
  • Other Extracurricular Activities: TA for 3 semesters for Organic Chem, over 500 hours in different leadership roles with Dance Marathon (an organization that raises funds and awareness for kids with childhood illness), Intramural coordinator for a semester
  • Other Employment History: 500 hours of lifeguarding summer after freshman year, worked at the university gym the rest of college, currently work as a PCC/scribe
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): no
  • Specialty of Interest (if applicable): Most interested in ortho rn due to personal experiences but open
  • Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): maybe?
  • Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N
  • School list:
Nova MD, FL*
University of Florida*
University of Central Florida*
USF Morsani*
FAU*
University of Miami Miller*
FIU Herbert William*
Florida State University *
Albert Einstein
Hofstra