Need Help with List: 4.0 cGPA/ 4.0sGPA, 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10KDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First-time applicant. Looking for some opinions on my schools list. I am a Michigan resident. Attending a private NY school, 5-year undergrad.

4.0sGPA, 4.0cGPA, 32 MCAT (9V, 11P, 12B)

EC's (what I will have completed by graduation spring 2015):

-2.75 years (summers included) of undergraduate research in the same lab. No publications, but presented project at symposium
-180+ hours of clinical volunteer work in ER, surgery center
-450+ hours of paid part-time tutoring
-NCAA D1 cross country, indoor track, outdoor track athlete for 5 years (many accolades received in the sport and as a student-athlete)

School list:

Albany Medical School
SUNY Upstate
Johns Hopkins
University of Virginia
University of Michigan
Michigan State University
Stanford
Cincinnati
Case Western
Northwestern
Pittsburgh
Dartmouth
Wayne State University
Emory
Rochester
Vanderbilt
Penn State
Duke
Iowa-Carver

Looking for opinions on this school list. Reasons to reconsider some or to add others?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 8 you could delete without altering your chance of acceptance.

You can combine your GPA and MCAT into a single number for convenience, but you also have to consider them separately. A 32 is at or below the 10% for the following schools:
Johns Hopkins
Vanderbilt
Stanford
Case Western
University of Michigan
University of Virginia
Northwestern

Not saying you shouldn't apply to these schools, but you might not want to consider applying to all of them.

Reactions: 1 user
It took you 5 yrs to complete an undergrad? No offense you seem like a typical White/Asian middle class individual. What's unique about you?

For athletics, I redshirted as a freshman, so I am using my eligibility the fifth year. I figure once I'm done with undergraduate schooling I will not be able to run competitively anymore so I'm taking in the full experience. And athletic tuition aid makes it easy to come back.

Reactions: 1 user