Need help with PS and maybe BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although my overall is nothing great, I did really well in PS and decent in BS. Verbal, I basically got raped but I expected it. However, I ended up with a 14 in PS, a 12 in BS, and a sad 7 in VR. If anyone wants help in those two sections, lemme know. I guess I did decent in BS even though I was an electrical engineering major. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should change your statement. Your overall is great, your verbal is not. WTF is with SDN people bitching about 33's. Christ!

USArmyDoc said:
I think you should change your statement. Your overall is great, your verbal is not. WTF is with SDN people bitching about 33's. Christ!

Man I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to help people who have problems with a low PS since that's where I'm strong(I have an EE background). I've appreciated the advice people on SDN has given me about verbal and I just want to do the same. I guess I should NOT have put my entire score and just posted my PS and BS score. Yes I am happy about my overall score, but I know the verbal is going to kill my chances at many schools.

I'll start off with this, coming from an EE background we always had to learn material and then "apply it" to other situations. I had a friend who was a Bio major that I'd help a little on the PS section. All he cared about was memorizing everything and not really how to apply it correctly. Maybe that's the Bio mentality to memorize everything. (I know not all Bio majors are like this. I'm just trying to prove a point). What I did was go over ALL the material multiple times before ever approaching problems. I did not take a review class and studied on my own. However, all my friends did so I used ExamKrackers, Princeton, Kaplan, and Berkeley material. I think Princeton has the best material. I've had to have gone through every section thoroughly 10 times. Whatever specific topic I was weak on I'd use the other books to strengthen then. Read to understand!!! Whenever I encountered a problem, since I was very familiar with the material in the PS, I'd know what area the problem covered. I'll remember all the equations that applied to those problems. I think that if you understand what all the variables in an equation mean then it makes it a lot easier to apply to another problem. Hope that helps somewhat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gonzo12164 said:
Man I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to help people who have problems with a low PS since that's where I'm strong(I have an EE background). I've appreciated the advice people on SDN has given me about verbal and I just want to do the same. I guess I should NOT have put my entire score and just posted my PS and BS score. Yes I am happy about my overall score, but I know the verbal is going to kill my chances at many schools.

My bad. I was just bitter about my score. Good job man and I think its cool of you to offer your help! ;)