Need help with timing of submitting ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orichalum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed Step 1, retook it and got 210, and, with how my rotations are set up, won't be able to take Step 2CK until mid-September. So I won't be getting the CK score until October 4.

Should I submit my application to programs via ERAS on September 15 still? Or wait until CK grade comes back?

I'm worried they would screen me out automatically because of Step 1 score. How would I get any interviews? I know that I can improve on CK.

Members don't see this ad.

I failed Step 1, retook it and got 210, and, with how my rotations are set up, won't be able to take Step 2CK until mid-September. So I won't be getting the CK score until October 4.

Should I submit my application to programs via ERAS on September 15 still? Or wait until CK grade comes back?

I'm worried they would screen me out automatically because of Step 1 score. How would I get any interviews? I know that I can improve on CK.

DEFINITELY submit on September 15th. Not doing so makes programs think that you're "not interested" in them enough to have your application in ASAP. I'm pretty sure that some programs don't even bother to download applications that are submitted after the 15th. N=1 story time: a friend of mine who submitted ERAS a week after Sep 15 and only got 4 interview invites. She had failed Step 2, and her retake scores didn't even come back until after most of her interviews were completed. At the interviews they just asked her to explain what happened, what she did to fix it, and then just asked her to recertify her application once the retake scores were uploaded. She got her 2nd choice.