need help with TOEFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meggy71

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! i am struggling to get high TOEFL score .I did not get admission anywhere due to low score. Can any one please let me know about any good book or online course.

Members don't see this ad.

How much is ur current score, and much r u aiming for?

I got 93. Aiming for at least 100.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 93. Aiming for at least 100.
theres this site called 'testden' go and do a lot of practice tests! i bought barrons and did all the written essays PLUS the CD- the CD is extremely helpful! do it thoroughly..

extra advise that i got from a few friends- listen to youtube videos on normal american college conversations.. that would help u.. plus watch a lot of good english movies just to get the hang of how people talk.. it willm help u believe me..

i got 114 :)

Reactions: 1 user
have a look at NOTEFULL website..it has pretty good information about speaking...I got 27in speaking by following the guidelines from that website.

theres this site called 'testden' go and do a lot of practice tests! i bought barrons and did all the written essays PLUS the CD- the CD is extremely helpful! do it thoroughly..

extra advise that i got from a few friends- listen to youtube videos on normal american college conversations.. that would help u.. plus watch a lot of good english movies just to get the hang of how people talk.. it willm help u believe me..

i got 114 :)

Thank you so much for sharing the information. My main problem is listening and reading. I got good scores in speaking. Do you take notes while listening? I can't take notes fast enough and also can't concentrate if I take notes. so I am confused. you got really good marks. please advise.

have a look at NOTEFULL website..it has pretty good information about speaking...I got 27in speaking by following the guidelines from that website.
Thanks you for your help. Any good website for reading and listening you would suggest?

Thank you so much for sharing the information. My main problem is listening and reading. I got good scores in speaking. Do you take notes while listening? I can't take notes fast enough and also can't concentrate if I take notes. so I am confused. you got really good marks. please advise.
u MUST take notes.. its not humanely possible to remember each n everything those people talk about.. keep practicing taking notes.. very very imp

Thank you so much . I have few more questions please. How do you answer the last question in the reading section?( question 14) Any strategy you follow? In case of vocabulary, which one do you chose? The actual meaning of the word or the one which fits best in to the sentence for example, customers were served by courteous, experienced salesman. The word courteous is closest to the meaning of polite(courteous) or knowledgeable(experienced)?

Thank you so much . I have few more questions please. How do you answer the last question in the reading section?( question 14) Any strategy you follow? In case of vocabulary, which one do you chose? The actual meaning of the word or the one which fits best in to the sentence for example, customers were served by courteous, experienced salesman. The word courteous is closest to the meaning of polite(courteous) or knowledgeable(experienced)?

I guess the answer to that is polite. I don't remember what q comes last in the reading section. Kindly remind me?

Thank you.The question no.14 is summary. Out of 6 options we have to pick 3 which best describe the summary of the paragraph.

Hello friends ,

I have problem with TOEFL I attempted two times so far ,But still i am unable to get a good scores . the highest score i got from recent attempt is 89 :( . I followed BARRONS and TOEFL ETS books .

I passed my both NBDE part 1 and 2 but i am not successful with TOEFL .

Now i am behind to apply for admission for 2015 program . Please advise your tips

Thanks

BSR

Looking 4 toefl partners...any 1 interested send pm

I am looking a partner for toefl study. How I contact you. Plz tell me. I am interested for toefl study.

I cleared my NBDE 1 and 2. Was really worried about TOEFL. I gave two times and couldn't score. My friend suggested me a very good online practice tests which really helped me and I got 109. Lemme know and drop me text in my inbox if you guys have same complaints. Good Luck.

I cleared my NBDE 1 and 2. Was really worried about TOEFL. I gave two times and couldn't score. My friend suggested me a very good online practice tests which really helped me and I got 109. Lemme know and drop me text in my inbox if you guys have same complaints. Good Luck.