Need honesty

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

une

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much did you make starting and how much can we expect to make starting? dnt want lectures just figures plz.

Members don't see this ad.

how much did you make starting and how much can we expect to make starting? dnt want lectures just figures plz.

The premise of your question is problematic, and this isn't the beginning of a "lecture."

For example, what location are you concerned with? What mode of practice? Both these have great bearing on starting income.

working for someone most likely and in a city with pop -50k to 200k people

Members don't see this ad :)
working for someone most likely and in a city with pop -50k to 200k people

How many days a week? There could be substantial difference between five days and seven.

I'm confused because looking at your other posts you're applying to pharmacy school?

Ok I'll pick this up. What income can be expected directly after graduation working 35 hours per week in an established private practice with three optometrists that have been together for 20 years. Assume this is a suburban setting. Compare this with what can be expected going directly into a corporate job working 35 hours a week as well. How do the two trajectories compare? From what I have gathered, which is a limited understanding, corporate would start you off higher, but maintain that amount over a long period, while going into an established private practice would start you off lower, but with more potential for growth. Is this correct?

Ok I'll pick this up. What income can be expected directly after graduation working 35 hours per week in an established private practice with three optometrists that have been together for 20 years. Assume this is a suburban setting. Compare this with what can be expected going directly into a corporate job working 35 hours a week as well. How do the two trajectories compare? From what I have gathered, which is a limited understanding, corporate would start you off higher, but maintain that amount over a long period, while going into an established private practice would start you off lower, but with more potential for growth. Is this correct?

From the doctors I've talked to and information I've seen, I feel like that is correct. You might start out lower, but with time as you become more established and show them your worth there is more potential for income growth!

Ok great! There are so many things to consider when answering that question, but that is the general consensus I have seen.