Need Info on Textbook(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What texts do dental schools use for immunology and microbiology? Is there any single text that treats the two subjects jointly?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

trypmo said:
What texts do dental schools use for immunology and microbiology? Is there any single text that treats the two subjects jointly?

Thanks!

For all practical purposes, UTH doesn't use any books for Immuno/Micro, just a boat load of notes and handouts. (I'm sure they recommended one, just don't remember) I happen to use Benjamini's Immunology to bring myself up to speed for research. It's good. Don't know of any combined books except for the USMLE review books I used for the boards. And those are good if you're just into pre-reading before dental school. You'll find that 95% of the material you'll study in dental school will come from class notes and not texts.

Yeah, everything at UTH is on their notes. Believe me, when you're in d-school you wont have time to read textbooks like you did in undergrad. The micro test I took today, I prepared for in 1 day :eek: (got an 85 :D)

coodoo said:
The micro test I took today, I prepared for in 1 day :eek: (got an 85 :D)

That's impressive. Most of those tests I remember studying for 5 days and just pulling a B. You're a 'night-before-studier' natural. You'll go far 3rd/4th yr. :thumbup: