Need insight into job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone with clinical experience? See post

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How much are you getting paid? If pay is sufficient, would you consider contenting yourself to your new role?

Yeah- that. If you're looking for job satisfaction anywhere in pharmacy you're gonna be disappointed. Eventually you learn to just take the money...

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What constructive advice can we have given the possible scenarios I provided?

Wth? I gave you some constructive advice - you took a job and you are having buyers remorse.

My constructive advice to you is to make your top priority seeing what is good about your new job and consider contenting yourself to to role which you accepted.

If not - just find a new job and get buyers remorse about that job next.

Edit: seeing the post below this one - this is just getting bizarre. I will excuse myself and let the op wait for someone to give them the answer they are looking for. I suppose a little confirmation bias never hurts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Given the three scenarios and any advice, preferably a federal employee, would love to get some insight for a newbie.

If you think your knowledge is going to diminish, put in some work and study off the clock. Go earn your BCPS or BCCCP. Go earn an MBA.

Someone asked about pay above, why not answer? If you have a cush job and you're getting paid well... maybe you need to search for growth and learning opportunities at your job. There's always more to learn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If you think your knowledge is going to diminish, put in some work and study off the clock. Go earn your BCPS or BCCCP. Go earn an MBA.

Someone asked about pay above, why not answer? If you have a cush job and you're getting paid well... maybe you need to search for growth and learning opportunities at your job. There's always more to learn.

Yea - I suppose that’s all I was getting at really. If I took some random job that ended up being not what I expected. And if this job paid me well, had good people, and new interesting opportunities - I would just take advantage that and enjoy the path that fate took me on.

If I wanted to keep my pharmacy knowledge up - just read medscape or something like that every night before bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If there is an open position on base that you want, go ahead and apply for it. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. What you need to evaluate is which career path you would like to take, and figure out which position will help you get there. Are you happy with the pay?

Just keep in mind that your previous civilian experience is not going to mirror what you do in the military/federal world. The workload, pace, and amount of clinical work are all different from what you would get in the civilian sector.

OP, you've gone through a lot of jobs in a relatively short period of time, due to various issues at each one. Everytime you get a new job, you are posting here about issues and wanting a new job within just a few months of getting the job. If work were fun, you would be paying to do it (ie entertainment.) You are being paid to do a job because it isn't fun. I think you need to buckle down and just do your job--be glad that you aren't having the co-worker difficulties that you have had at previous jobs.

You aren't Sparda. You can't just keep changing jobs and not reach the point where nobody wants to hire you because of a spotty job history. I think you need to commit to keeping this job for at least 3 years, and maybe pick up some PRN hospital shifts if you are worried about losing hospital knowledge (I thought your last job was working retail anyway, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly.)

Reactions: 3 users
Any federal knowledgeable contributers would be welcome, particularly the protocol and mechanism of the options.

I am definitely concerned. I talked to a pharmacy employee who used to cover in the clinic, and he said there is very little to do there and very little clinical. the last person was stressed to find work and keep up their skills. basically begging the doctor for the few people that walk through the door.
It sounds like a chill job, but have you spoken to the MDs/RNs at your clinic? You need to ask yourself, "what value do I bring to the table"? For example, what disease states do you work with? Have you considered educating the staff (MDs/RNs) on it? Do you work with CPRS/VISTA? What about developing a new order panel?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like a nice slow job.
I am definitely concerned. I talked to a pharmacy employee who used to cover in the clinic, and he said there is very little to do there and very little clinical. the last person was stressed to find work and keep up their skills. basically begging the doctor for the few people that walk through the door.

Sounds like a pretty slow job. Judging from the thread, as a whole, this may be right up your alley.

OP, you've gone through a lot of jobs in a relatively short period of time, due to various issues at each one. Everytime you get a new job, you are posting here about issues and wanting a new job within just a few months of getting the job. If work were fun, you would be paying to do it (ie entertainment.) You are being paid to do a job because it isn't fun. I think you need to buckle down and just do your job--be glad that you aren't having the co-worker difficulties that you have had at previous jobs.

You aren't Sparda. You can't just keep changing jobs and not reach the point where nobody wants to hire you because of a spotty job history. I think you need to commit to keeping this job for at least 3 years, and maybe pick up some PRN hospital shifts if you are worried about losing hospital knowledge (I thought your last job was working retail anyway, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly.)

LOL! I actually don't change jobs that often. I'm always hunting for new offers though.

Trade me !

fed job, few responsibilities or clinical, must solicit work from doctors. should i continue, try to transfer to a new clinic in the facility, etc.

I am also willing to trade. That sounds like a dream job.