Need Professional Help: Question regarding my eyeglasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samwY

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering about the measurements that are taken when you get new glasses that measure the distance(?) from pupil to pupil. You know, the thing that the optician makes you look through before he makes the lenses for glasses. Is this measurement vital for your eyes? He wrote down 66 for me.

Because I sat on my glasses :laugh: and I am paranoid that the lenses will not be aligned for my pupils after they repair my glasses. Is that how glasses lenses work? Someone please let me know, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

interpupillary distance.....i think

Well Samm, what they-the clinician is trying to do is measure your interpupillary distance so that you can have comfortable vision ;) . This means he just wants you to look through the optics center of the lens with respect to the frame you brought .You see comfort in vision i.e, not asthenopic complaints or strain when look is the emphasis here .
I hope this will do but if you still need more info , post another message :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
when they repair you glasses they can put a dot on the lenses to make sure they are still aligned with the center of your pupil. But, for most presciptions if they're off just a tiny bit you won't notice (but it does depend on how high your rx is)
Take them in to have them adjusted and repaired and have them dot you "PD". :D
Good luck !

Not that anyone was asking, but the last time I sat on my glasses I ended up quitting my job and going back to school to become an optometrist. :D

Hey i'm new to this forum! This is pretty interesting. I can understand the sudden career change. After receiving my BS in Multimedia Design Technology, I've changed my career goals to become an Optometrist as well!
I'm still in the beginning stages but good luck to you! ;)