Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope_ful_Pharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a second semester P1 and I am really leaning towards going into the pharmaceutical industry. I did an internship in undergrad at a pharmaceutical company and absolutely loved the people, the work environment, and the work itself. I love learning about drugs, applications in disease, and especially pharmacokinetics. My question is what kinds of careers are out there for PharmDs in pharmacokinetics, and also in the pharmaceutical industry. In addition, how can I prepare for such a career during school (internships, fellowships/residencies, etc)

Also information about salaries is appreciated too (yay school loans right?).

Members don't see this ad.

look for information about Medical Science Liaison (MSL) they work as kind of the medical connection between drug reps and physicians. A fraternity brother and alumni of my school is an MSL and his job is very rewarding, well payed, and gets to go to pharma dinners and other upscale events all the time.

however, other than that im not too sure. Honestly if i really wanted to work for a pharmaceutical company i wouldnt pursue a pharmD, but id be interested to hear other pharmD/students opinions?

Do you have a chapter of ipho on campus? Look into that and also apply to internships for the summer with Pfizer, Bristol-myer squib etc etc and also get familer with the fellowship application process early since it is different then residency application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellowships are uber competitive, to my understanding. Worse than residencies.

Reactions: 1 users