need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hienchan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied to 12 schools in August and so far i have only 1 invite for interview at my state school (UF). i'm a little bit worried right now. I was thinking if i should apply to a couple more schools like AZ and Marquette. Should i do it not :confused:
btw my gpa's are 3.39c and 3.5s. 18/19/22.

Members don't see this ad.

IT definitely wouldn't hurt. AZ is big on community service, so only apply there if you have a lot of experience with that.

i applied to 12 schools in August and so far i have only 1 invite for interview at my state school (UF). i'm a little bit worried right now. I was thinking if i should apply to a couple more schools like AZ and Marquette. Should i do it not :confused:

i'm in the same boat as you. applied to 8 schools and only an interview so far at UF. however, many of the schools i applied to haven't even started interviewing yet. i.e. maryland, tufts, uic. other schools like nyu and penn are only interviewing ppl w/ extremely high stats now...

don't sweat it. 12 is a lot of schools. your bound to get interviews elsewhere.

by the way, good luck at your UF interview! where do/did you goto college?

jb!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in the same boat as you. applied to 8 schools and only an interview so far at UF. however, many of the schools i applied to haven't even started interviewing yet. i.e. maryland, tufts, uic. other schools like nyu and penn are only interviewing ppl w/ extremely high stats now...

don't sweat it. 12 is a lot of schools. your bound to get interviews elsewhere.

by the way, good luck at your UF interview! where do/did you goto college?

jb!

usf

It might be a little late to apply to more schools especialy AZ and Marquette who have the highest Seat/ applicant ratio.( Check out www.predents.com) 12 is a good number, remember its still early in the game. Look on the bright side you have one interview and sometimes that is all you need, but you are sure to get more. Good Luck

It might be a little late to apply to more schools especialy AZ and Marquette who have the highest Seat/ applicant ratio.( Check out www.predents.com) 12 is a good number, remember its still early in the game. Look on the bright side you have one interview and sometimes that is all you need, but you are sure to get more. Good Luck

Good advice. Applying to two more schools isn't going to raise your odds and I can't imagine you'd have an easier time getting into arizona than temple or NYU, especially applying later in the cycle (not that it's late -- but it's getting there). Congrats on your UF invite -- they're a great school! (Although Gainesville is no Tampa...)

Mack