Need to update school that I've already been accepted to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake_Front

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, I'm currently in my second gap year but I was going to enroll in a single course next semester at my local community college since I would need the lab course prereqs for some other med schools that I'm still waiting to hear back from. I have an acceptance (for a school whose prereqs I already met), but is it necessary or anything to tell them that I'll be randomly taking a course? Or am I all good since I'm already in. I can't imagine that taking an additional course would hurt me in any way unless I absolutely failed it or something, but just wanted to be sure.

Members don't see this ad.

No, it's not going to hurt you, but why would you want to waste their time? The reason to submit updates is try to get an II, or to get off a WL. Once you are over the finish line, what are you trying to accomplish? A scholarship based on meeting someone else's prereq? :cool:

Honestly, just let them focus on selecting the rest of the class.

The only updates you are required to provide to every school, regardless of whether they've accepted you or you are still waiting for a decision, would be institutional actions and criminal pleas/convictions. The rest is just a waste of time if the school has already accepted you.

However, you may be obligated to provide the school with transcripts of all enrollment at the time that you matriculate.

Reactions: 1 users
^^As has been said above, many schools expect you to submit an updated transcript before you matriculate--so be sure that you don't get a bad grade!