Need UK Residency Info - US/UK dual citizen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasEx2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a dual US/UK citizen who completed medical school in Caribbean (one of the better schools there) - I graduated 7-8 years ago and passed my step 1 and step 2 boards during medical school.

Due to personal/family (medical) reasons - I did not pursue residency in the USA and now I feel it is definitely too late to apply in the States, as typically residency programs look for recent graduates (within 1-3 years).

Since graduating I have worked locally in various capacities: clinics, clinical research, and now pharmaceutical companies. I have a very nice pharma job - but I feel that I have not accomplished my goal of finishing residency and getting medical license.

Now my family situation has changed and I am free to continue and pursue my residency, if possible.

I am interested in applying to the UK for residency - would anyone give me some perspective and advice regarding chances of getting in, how to get in, is it worth it, etc....?

Also, would I need to finish my PLAB 1 + 2 (I assume I do)?

Any and all advice is welcome.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.