Need your opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. A close friend of mine has been seriously been thinking about the switch to the pre-med path. She messed up the first couple years of undergrad and is currently sitting at a 2.6 GPA. We calculated what she would get if she got 3.8-4.0s her last couple years and it would bring her up to a 3.1 or 3.2. I don't doubt her when she says she could do it because she is extremely smart, just lacking the hard work. I mentioned to her that if she does in fact bring her GPA to a 3.1 or a 3.2 she can get into a D.O school provided she does well on her MCAT and has ECs in order.

Again I truly believe she can bring the GPA up so let's say that she does in fact pull herself up to a 3.1/3.2 by the end of her undergraduate years. Am I wrong to tell her she has a solid chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. A close friend of mine has been seriously been thinking about the switch to the pre-med path. She messed up the first couple years of undergrad and is currently sitting at a 2.6 GPA. We calculated what she would get if she got 3.8-4.0s her last couple years and it would bring her up to a 3.1 or 3.2. I don't doubt her when she says she could do it because she is extremely smart, just lacking the hard work. I mentioned to her that if she does in fact bring her GPA to a 3.1 or a 3.2 she can get into a D.O school provided she does well on her MCAT and has ECs in order.

Again I truly believe she can bring the GPA up so let's say that she does in fact pull herself up to a 3.1/3.2 by the end of her undergraduate years. Am I wrong to tell her she has a solid chance?
She can get her AACOMAS GPAs higher by retaking classes where low grades were earned, as only the most recent grade counts when the application service calculates the numbers sent out to med schools.

Reactions: 1 user