needing help deciding between schools what did you do? OSU vs Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happylion

Reaction score
I am from the north ohio area and have just been accepted into both the university of toledo's pharmD program as well as the osu PharmD program. Very torn. Toledo was my first interview and acceptance and I fell in love with the program. I was then accepted to OSU after a virtual interview (in person was not an option). The cost of the programs are similar enough that it is not making the decision difficult for me. Without seeing the school though I don't know if I am missing out on information or a reason why I should go there instead. for those who have made a decision in a similar situation, how did you make a decision? what made you choose between two seemingly equal opportunities?

Members don't see this ad.

What are you trying to do after pharmacy school? Which one has a better history of sending people down that track successfully?

Also, I’m morally obligated to ask if it’s too late for you to reconsider a career in something that’s growing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am from the north ohio area and have just been accepted into both the university of toledo's pharmD program as well as the osu PharmD program. Very torn. Toledo was my first interview and acceptance and I fell in love with the program. I was then accepted to OSU after a virtual interview (in person was not an option). The cost of the programs are similar enough that it is not making the decision difficult for me. Without seeing the school though I don't know if I am missing out on information or a reason why I should go there instead. for those who have made a decision in a similar situation, how did you make a decision? what made you choose between two seemingly equal opportunities?
1. Neither - go to a different profession with a better outlook
2. If you fail to listen to point #1 - go to the cheapest because when you are struggling to find full time hours at the same salary people made 10 years ago - at least you will owe less.

Reactions: 2 users
Neither is Ivy Level education. You will graduate with a Pharm.D. and then a license and then will be in the same pool as 14000 graduates looking for employment.
Listen to the above pharmacist advise, pick a different profession. Or you can come back in four years and ask us what to do now with jobs and unemployment.

Look at the following:

1) NAPLEX pass rate

NAPLEX Pass Rates for 2019 - 2021

2) Cost (I'll take your word that the difference is a mute-point, YMMV on what ones definition of a mute-point is when it comes to $$$ signs)

With all that being said, go to the program you visited in person. If you do not take time to see the program you did a virtual interview with, then its truly difficult to make a true comparison. The other differential is your goals after school. Residency? Fellowship? Rotation opportunities in each program could play a factor in what you seek to accomplish your last year of studies as well.

And of course, light-reading:

Job Saturation: Is Pharmacy Worth It? Here's What You Need to Know - The $200 Challenge

2) Cost (I'll take your word that the difference is a mute-point, YMMV on what ones definition of a mute-point is when it comes to $$$ signs)
It’s moot point. Not mute. Look. Even people who can’t speak English right get into pharm school. I jest with you BC.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users