Neos here…Need some perspective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ped1493

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The place where I am training as a new fellow, the census is very low. Like 20-25 patients max and 50percent of them are like feeders and growers.
I haven’t gotten much chance to do procedures. I’m worried if I’ll ever get training that is required to make me competent. I do know there are fellowships with similar acquity or low bed capacity (I did interview at some of those places). I ranked this particular program because it is a big city program , needed to stay close to family, and felt I would have enough chance to do stuff.

Not complaining, but is there anything I can do to not feel anxious and make use of this situation as maximum as I can.

If i can DM someone who was in similar position, that’ll help me out too.

Thanks peeps!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any great insights, other than to try to read about all the interesting patients, lead all codes/resuscitations, and do as many procedures as possible until you feel competent.

Out of curiosity, where do your program's graduates usually go? Do they have trouble finding jobs?