NERB not offered at school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with wanting to take the NERB, or any other license exam for that matter, but it's not offered at your school? What if the nearest location is hundreds of miles away? What are these students supposed to do? I'm wondering how much of a pain this is going to be when it comes time to take the NERB. I can't imagine finding a patient, AND getting them to come with me to a clinic I'm not familiar with, that's possibly located in another state...

Members don't see this ad.

NERB isn't offered at buffalo anymore?

No. They might axe the WREB soon, too. According to the rumors anyway. I think the thought process is that they want people to do GPRs and stay in NY, since NY is one of the few states that allows you to practice after residency without taking a licensure exam. But if you have a desire to practice out of state somewhere, it kind of leaves you up the creek...

Members don't see this ad :)
They still should offer you help finding patients and loan instruments and supplies in order to go to another location. You would have to pay you patients, their food and hotel, sometimes a bonus for coming. I heard it may cost 8K

You'll have to go to another school that does offer the NERB to take it. If you can find patients in that area you won't have to pay their travel expenses.

Easier said than done of course.

I've heard you're supposed to find patients willing to travel, on your expense, to the nearest school that offers the NERB or WERB. My school will not assist you in anyway if you plan on taking another regional board.

A friend of mine took WREB in another school, not sure if he was able to borrow instruments, most likely yes. Ended up spending 9K