neuro faqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxietypeaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the neuro faq is nearly 7 years old. Do people think we should update the faqs? It would be great if we could have a faq similar to IMs' (abms/nonabms subspecialties with a short 1-2 phrase description of them)..... any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

When I took over this forum (ruling with an iron fist) several years ago, my grand plan was to revamp the FAQ. Life intervened, and let's just say it isn't very high on my priority list at this point. I would be very much in favor of a revamp, but it would need to be a grass-roots effort by some of y'all to get it done.

Plus, I'm from the old days of the SF Match, when men were men and it took 3 days to reach New York from Boston by autogyro, so you probably don't want me writing a FAQ about getting into Neurology anyway.

i'll try getting people together once my step 1 is over. Expect a pm from me this fall typhoon. be afraid.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as specialty-specific information, we could all pitch in on our respective areas of fellowship. For instance, mine is in sleep medicine.

That could cut down on some of the chicken sweat of one individual writing a whole, voluminous document.

Not sure why you're calling me out. I'm too busy to curate a laundry list of journals and societies because you adopted it as a pet project. I barely have time to VOLUNTEER my efforts to moderate this forum and post as frequently as I do.

I have an infant crying in the next room, a lab to run, grants to file, papers to submit, manuscripts to review, IRBs to write, patients to see, etc. I'm very happy to support user-generated content on this forum, but not everyone has the same priority set that you do. If you feel strongly about it, perhaps you can work to update the Societies/Associations guide yourself. All of that information is freely available on the internet, and much of it is duplicated elsewhere.

Don't know why you (typho and daniel) didn't contribute to my effort here.

Neurology related Societies/Associations and Journals

I was probably too busy working on my tan, and drinking expensive rum while lounging at the resort style pool at my townhome property. It's tough because I also spend alot of time at the gym and have to give a proper amount of observation to the girls in micro bikinis, too.

:cool:

I am not calling out on you both. Had seen you both contribute to the forum a lot in past. So was expecting inputs from you. I totally understand your busy time schedule. Sorry if you both felt bad on my previous post.

maybe we could just have a large section in the FAQ called "NeuroIR, answers to the same questions 42309 people have asked" :laugh:

Also having just virtually thumbed through the FAQ I think what is currently written is still accurate although maybe some of the figures for average boards have changed, but I think it's a bad idea to not apply to a specialty at all because your step 1 score is a little lower than average.

That being said I think there is room for more material, especially the NeuroIR stuff because it is always the same thing over and over and over (and over.....)

I'd be willing to help add some stuff but I'm only knowledgeable about the med school/getting into residency part as I'm only an intern

Last edited: