neuro interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc39

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard back from any neuro programs yet regarding rejections or interviews?

any idea when most neuro programs start giving out their interviews or even reviewing the apps?

thanks bunches

Members don't see this ad.

only a "thank you for your interest in our program. However, your application is incomplete. After all materials are available to us we will review your application" from the U Wisconsin

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time neuro lurker here. I've had a few interview offers in the last couple of days, so it looks like things are starting to heat up.

Oh well, looks like people started getting IVs. Maybe it is time to open up Neurology Interviews 2008/2009 thread?

Where are you guys getting IVs at? I so far got only thank you letter from U Wisconsin :) Loaded my applications only yesterday though.

Methodist-Houston (9/8), Colorado, Iowa, UTSW (all yesterday)

I'm an M4 also applying for neuro this year, applied last week to 15 programs, haven't heard back from anyone yet. I'm guessing it's because my step II ck score is not back yet.

KillingMeSmalls - did you have step 1 and 2 scores when you applied?

I did have my step 1 and 2 scores in with my application (my school actually makes us take CK early, kind of sucks). I submitted on September 2nd.

I have received interview invites from University of Kentucky, University of Michigan, UT Southwestern, and University of Iowa all via email. Also, I have not taken my step 2 yet so only my score for step 1 was included in my app.

Has anyone heard anything good about U of Iowa or U of Michigan? I've read some good things about U of Kentucky and UT SW.

Congrats on the interviews so far guys.

Anyone heard from Cleveland Clinic, Med College of Wisconsin (MCW), U Cincinatti, or Temple yet?

I have received interview invites from University of Kentucky, University of Michigan, UT Southwestern, and University of Iowa all via email. Also, I have not taken my step 2 yet so only my score for step 1 was included in my app.

Has anyone heard anything good about U of Iowa or U of Michigan? I've read some good things about U of Kentucky and UT SW.

Among the midwest, U of I and U Michigan have consistently been well regarded, reputation wise as well as training wise in neurology. They are also consistent in research as well.

PS I've also quickly received a letter from U wis the next day. I applied a few days ago to 16 programs, that's the first response thus far.

Last edited:
Albany, Ohio state, College of Wisconsin

I know I'm new here, but there's no reason to dance around it now. Interviews are coming in, and we might as well have some sort of organized list. Here's a list of last year's programs. When you get a residency, just add yourself on. Make sure you use the most recent list so nobody gets deleted. Feel free to add any programs that aren't already there. For the ones I went ahead and posted for other people, change the dates if you feel like it (I'm sure they're wrong). Good luck, everyone!

Alabama (Birmingham):
Albany: harsha83 (9/12)
Albert Einstein (Montefiore):
Albert Einstein (Beth Israel):
Albert Einstein (LIJ):
Allegheny General:
Arizona:
Arkansas:
Baylor:
BIDMC:
BNI:
Brown:
BU:
Buffalo:
Case Western:
Cincinnati:
Cleveland Clinic:
Colorado: KillingMeSmalls (9/9)
Cornell:
Dartmouth:
Drexel:
Duke:
Emory:
Georgetown:
GWU:
Henry Ford:
Hopkins:
Indiana:
Iowa: KillingMeSmalls (9/9), coffeeaddict (9/11)
JFK (Seton Hall):
Kaiser LA:
Kansas:
Kentucky: coffeeaddict (9/11)
Loma Linda:
Loyola:
Maryland:
Mayo:
Methodist (Houston): KillingMeSmalls (9/8)
Michigan: coffeeaddict (9/11)
Michigan State (Sparrow):
Minnesota:
Mississippi:
Mt. Sinai:
Nebraska/Creighton:
New Mexico:
NYU:
Northwestern:
Ohio State: harsha83 (9/12)
OHSU:
Partners:
Penn State:
Pittsburgh:
Robert Wood Johnson:
Rush:
Saint Vincent's Downtown at NYMC:
SIU:
SLU:
Stanford:
Stony Brook:
SUNY Downstate:
Temple:
Tennessee:
Thomas Jefferson:
Toledo:
Tufts:
Tulane:
UC Davis:
UC Irvine:
UCLA:
UCLA-Harbor:
UCSF:
U Chicago:
UConn:
UF (Gainesville):
UIC:
UI Peoria:
UMass:
UMiami/Jackson:
UMDNJ:
UNC:
UPenn:
U Rochester:
USC:
USF:
U Wash:
U Wisconsin (Madison):
Utah: KillingMeSmalls (9/11)
UTMB Austin:
UT Houston:
UTSW: KillingMeSmalls (9/9), coffeeaddict (9/11)
Vanderbilt:
Vermont:
Virginia Commonwealth:
Virginia:
Wake Forest: KillingMeSmalls (9/12)
Wash U:
West Virginia:
Wisconsin (MCW/Milwaukee): harsha83 (9/12)
Yale:

Hey guys!
I got an IV today from Albert Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center program :). Does anyone have an idea comperatively how does their 3 programs fare? I mean what are the differences are between Montefiore Medical Center, Beth Israel and LIJ programs and if one is better than the others:confused:.