Neurocritical care match 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunkindonuts12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am applying for neurocritical care fellowship to start in July 2016 and was looking for input and experiences from other candidates. Currently, I have 1 interview call from Rush and am waiting to hear from other programs. Does anyone else have any other interview calls or input about the program at Rush. I heard they are increasing theier fellowship strength to 4.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

@typhoongator : thanks for your reply. I believe busy unit is a good learning unit. Do you know when would most programs start giving interview calls since the new common application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good clinical program. Busy unit. I have several friends on faculty there.

thanks for your reply. I believe busy unit is a good learning unit. Do you know when would most programs start giving interview calls since the new common application?

I'm not sure if the interview process will be any different with the new common applications. I wonder if it is just easier for applicants to send 1 application than send individual emails with CV, LOR, and letter of intent to each program as was done before. I remember when I applied that I did not hear back from interviews until after the holidays. I would give them some time before emailing them and following up. I know at our institution many of the faculty and staff are on vacation and working shorter hours. Good luck with the process.

I'm not sure if the interview process will be any different with the new common applications. I wonder if it is just easier for applicants to send 1 application than send individual emails with CV, LOR, and letter of intent to each program as was done before. I remember when I applied that I did not hear back from interviews until after the holidays. I would give them some time before emailing them and following up. I know at our institution many of the faculty and staff are on vacation and working shorter hours. Good luck with the process.

Thanks iliopsoas

Hi guys, I am applying now as well.
Please share our experience together here.
dunkindonuts you got more interviews?

Thanks.

Hello, if this thread ends up turning into a NCC 2015 Match Program Reviews/Experiences thread, then I would like to prophylactically pose a question. I will be applying for NCC and subsequent NIR simultaneously starting in 2016-2017. If any of you have similar goals or come across any information on these issues, I would really appreciate the sharing of that knowledge! :) Thank you!

Hello, if this thread ends up turning into a NCC 2015 Match Program Reviews/Experiences thread, then I would like to prophylactically pose a question. I will be applying for NCC and subsequent NIR simultaneously starting in 2016-2017. If any of you have similar goals or come across any information on these issues, I would really appreciate the sharing of that knowledge! :) Thank you!

This for fellowship starting in July 2016

I have U Cinncinati and JHU as well. Anyone else got interviews from anywhere else.

I have applied to 24 programs.
Now got total of 15 interviews
1. Cedars Sinai
2. UTSW
3. U of Miami
4. Columbia
5. UPMC
6. Mount Sinai
7. Yale
8. UNC
9. U penn
10. JHU
11. UT houston
12. Wash U
13. Mayo Florida
14. Baylor
15. Cleveland clinic

Not sure if MGH started inviting people.

I have applied to 24 programs.
Now got total of 15 interviews
1. Cedars Sinai
2. UTSW
3. U of Miami
4. Columbia
5. UPMC
6. Mount Sinai
7. Yale
8. UNC
9. U penn
10. JHU
11. UT houston
12. Wash U
13. Mayo Florida
14. Baylor
15. Cleveland clinic

Not sure if MGH started inviting people.

Thats great. I just got Cleveland. Total 6 so far.

Anyone has any idea about Mount sinai, other than stephen mayer being there

Hey guys, the match day is coming.
What programs are you guys top rank?
Mine are MGH, Columbia, JHH, Upenn and Yale

Last edited:
As someone who will be applying in 2 short years, would love to have those leading the way continuing to provide program impressions! Thanks!

Congrats to all who matched! Question, I am happy with my match however personal circumstances have changed slightly, and being on the East Coast, in the Northeast would be optimal (matched in the midwest). If any opportunities become available around NY or Philly, would the vacancies be the only place they are listed?

Is it possible to trade matches, has this happened in the past?